Mig Welder Out of Welding Wire

Good afternoon everyone, the Mig Welder ran out of welding wire this afternoon and I couldn’t find any spare spools lying around.

Does anyone know who generally orders that?

Also as I’m typing this I just realized I forgot to shut off the gas to the mig welder. :man_facepalming: Feeling a little foolish. If anyone is up there and has a minute would you please turn off the gas? :pray:
Sorry for the blunder.

@Team_Metal_Shop

Thanks for letting us know. Which welder? We have 2 Migs. The 252? Or the digital 255?

1 Like

It’s the 252.

I might have time saturday morning to get another spool of mig wire

We don’t have one in the Teacher’s Cabinet?

I dont think so, I almost bought two spools last month but they are readily available and its not that big of a deal to have one down for a day or two.

Hey @Tad_Davis…thanks for posting that! Please look into getting your green dot on Talk, though. It’s how we can tell members from non-members on Talk and it opens up the Issues & Requests category. Issues & Requests is where things like this should be posted to prioritize the message to the folks resposible for the committee or tool in question so they can make necessary arrangements. It also gives everybody a heads up that’s something might be down, broken or out of stock.

2 Likes

I replaced the empty spool on the miller 252 on Saturday and went ahead and got a spare roll, we should be good for 6-9 months on mig wire

3 Likes