MIG-101 or One-on-One Learning

I am wondering when the next class would be planned for MIG education or if one-on-one lessons are available sooner?

I am planning to make a table to support a 55gal aquarium tank and learn welding in the process. I have plans already drawn up to fit the space I need. I am a sub-contractor so my availability can be scheduled.

I can do a one-on-one with you after the metal shop meeting this Saturday, pending there aren’t any chores to do from the meeting.

Or Sunday could work as well

1 Like

What amount of time would need to be allocated to get the basics down and be able to practice?

I plan on attending the meeting this Saturday, but Sunday may be better for me if it would take several hours.

I find, it takes about 20mins for someone to get the basics, and get enough hands on experience to know what to look for.

Anything more than an hour, is getting into fundamentals of welding, and learning to get consistency.

Even the worst welds you find in our scrap pile can hold 500lbs for a fish tank

If you feel you would like to delve deeper into welding, then Sunday would be best, and we can aim for 1pm.

Alright! Sounds like Sunday at 1:00 would be the best opportunity. I want to be able to apply and use this on other projects, so consistency is desired. Thank you very much for sharing your time to teach me!