Microwave oven transformers

Anybody have any microwave oven transformers they be willing to get rid of or trade for a few dollars…I need some as a ballast for my pole pig?

No idea what you are doing but i do have a couple of 1000w ballasts laying around in my garage. Not sure they would be of help.

I have a big dead microwave in my dumpster that will go out Friday 1/4. You are welcome to it. I’m in Dallas near Duncanville.

@Jerry_Kassebaum that would be perfect I’m also in duncanville tell me where to go and it shall be done

Where is dumpster?

At the top of my driveway, by the garage door. Come anytime. If you and your wife or a friend and come during New-Years-Ish times, come in for beer and party. My mother-in-law is visiting, so bring yours too.

It’s at the top of my driveway, by the garage door. Come anytime. If you and your wife or a friend and come during New-Years-Ish times, come in for beer and party. My mother-in-law is visiting, so bring yours too.

Where is your driveway?

I’m not sure they would work…I’m thinking you mean fluorescent ballasts? Everyone I’ve seen backfeeding pole transformers uses a microwave oven transformer…I thought about using just a plain ballast but I don’t understand the mechanism by which a ballast limits current Very well so ima follow the suit of people who know what they’re doing more…I do appreciate your response though!

V = L * (di/dt)

:slight_smile:

A little more verbose explanation of the concept:

Thanks very much @zmetzing