Metalwork help sought

A member from the Metalwork forum suggested I post here, as people in this group may be able to help.

I’m hoping to find someone willing/able to manufacture a couple of metal gobos for me. (I’m a photographer, and have lost the set of gobo patterns I got with a spot projector. Here’s a picture of the full set: http://photos.mortonvisuals.com/gobo-system.jpg.

The gobos are 58mm wide, not sure of the height, and they are very thin metal – about 1mm in thickness? Although I’d probably never use the fancy patterns, the main ones I’m hoping to recreate are the (small) circle and the slit.

Is anyone able to help me create these?

Thanks so much, and Merry Christmas!
William

I can’t link to the photo online, so I copied to my own website. The slit is the one at the bottom left of the picture referenced in the original post above, and the circular mask above it and to the right are the two that I’m trying to recreate. Hopefully that helps…?

Do a search for “SMD solder stencils”. These are a very thin metal stencils that are used for surface mount technology electronic components. You can create all the various patterns you want using your computer graphics program, get the “stencil” made and cut them out with a sharp scissors. The “stencils” are created with a laser and leave a very sharp edge that will prevent photographic light scattering effects. Nothing at DMS can do this.

2 Likes