Metal Shop Maintenance Day. (7-15-17)

@Adam_Oas can we get the 5 gallon cooler out for tomorrow? I will get some Gatorade for tomorrow to put in it.

Does anyone want to haul the scrap steel from the bin to the recycler? We really want to empty it and get rid of the bin. If no one can transport it it we will have to throw it in the dumpster.

1 Like

The scrap is useful for practicing plasmacam and welding. But I rwlize there are other considerations and the bin is currently overflowing. I am unavailable today, but going forward I would volunteer to maintain the scrap bin at least once a week. Where is the recycler?

1 Like

I’ll be up there at some point with my small pickup if that helps. Not sure where the recycler is or what we need to haul.

Concur, particularly for welding. Would rather we downsized the scrap bin and made it clear not to throw just any old crap in there but it’s chairmans discretion of course.

1 Like

Bump to the top top top

Would also like to keep scrap bin, but as I have as of yesterday developed inability to be there today, and have not been able to make good on past resolutions to help keep it useful, my opinion is weightless. The need for space is great, and it’s hard to justify wasting those ft^2…

If someone is going to the recycler, there is apparently a pair (?) of old brake rotors on the freebie/exchange shelf. The person who left them there thought they would be a usable chunk of metal but since no one else thinks so, they could go to the recycler.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/exchange-shelf-yeahs-and-nays/23949

1 Like

I agree, I’m not able to make it today, but I would be willing to cut the scrap bin in half and piece it back to together if 50% of the scrap bin area would be more practical.

1 Like

Since today is the actual day of the Maintenance, I recommend voicing your opinion in person as it’s doubtful anyone will be checking talk.

1 Like

I’m not that concerned about it.