Metal Shop Maintenance Day. (7-15-17)

So as the title implies, we need to schedule a metal shop maintenance day. I was doing some light maintenance to the Plasmacam this afternoon on my way home from my call out. I did clean up the bearings on the X axis. We need to perform a tear down more to clean thoroughly. While this is being done we could straighten the shop up some more. I will personally buy good pizza/lunch for said date & time. I’m good for anytime after the June 17th

8 Likes

Will try and make it !

1 Like

Has the grinder for the TIG tips been mounted? If not what size anchors?

Just let me know the date…

1 Like

I has.
Looks good!
Sorry, didn’t snap a pic…

1 Like

It has been mounted on back wall in welding area.

@TBJK like I said earlier, just let me know when.

1 Like

Here is a grinding wheel that I would like to get for the tungsten grinder. It’s at McMaster Carr part number 8275A81.

2 Likes

Do you mean part # 8725A81?

1 Like

Ok so during the meeting the other night we came up with a date of 7-15 starting at 9am. I know, I’m not much of a morning person myself but I want to get the stuff done. We are talking about also cutting out more wall mounts for the bench grinders. This will free up some more space for another welding table. I will write up the rest of the notes that we discussed in the other thread.

2 Likes

I’m not a morning person, either, but in July, 7AM is a good time to start, so you can get accustomed to the temps of the day and die less as it progresses…
:thumbsup:

3 Likes

It’s too far out for me to commit fully, but I’d love to help and will be there if I can.

Same here, will try.

Reminder that the work day is July 15th, so 1 week from Saturday.

2 Likes

Will there be cake? :slight_smile:

The cake is a lie… Also I will help out however I can.

1 Like

I didn’t get a chance to talk to Chuck more about it today. But I would like to somewhat re-arrange the shop a little. Mount the grinders on the back concrete wall. Get rid of the the large stand they are currently on to make room for another welding table. We will likely need to kinda move things around a little bit to do this.

2 Likes

What kind of Cake? :blankspace:

So far this is the list of stuff that needs to get done:

Eat cake: Coffee (being as how this is at 9AM).

Assemble the shelves, populate with storage boxes, Sanding Supplies, Parts Cabinet.

Clean out the Plasma Cutter, and clean off the bed.

Move welders to the adjacent wall.

Rearrange the grinders. Decide what we need to keep and what to get rid of.

Clean out the cutoff wheel enclosure.

Maintenance on the Disk Sander, and Belt Sander.

Seal up the Sand Blaster.

Make a rack for the new welding helmets.

Install Libre Office and Inkscape on the PlasmaCam computer.

Dispose of most of the scrap in the Scrap Bin. Do we even want a Scrap Bin?

Moving stuff around: As required for new equipment including anvil and hammers for forging.

Induction Furnace needs a water pump hooked up.

New lights.

What else do we need?

4 Likes

I took the liberty of creating a calendar event to show the maintenance day - with all equipment being unavailable.

2 Likes