Metal Shop Committee Meeting 20201205

It’s that time; Metal Shop will have it’s committee Meeting Saturday starting at 12pm.

I have an event that morning, and if it bumps up to the meeting I will join virtually before heading in for anything that needs me in person.

Meeting dial info:
Meeting ID

meet.google.com/qxy-tnmy-ibn

Phone Numbers

(‪US‬)[‪+1 346-808-1794‬](tel:%E2%80%AA+1 346-808-1794%E2%80%AC)

PIN: ‪541 964 318#‬

There is no set agenda currently, however if you are looking for specific training please put in what you need here so I can ensure it all gets taken care of or accommodations can be made otherwise. I’m trying to keep my own things small as I’ve got some at risk family I’d prefer to be able to see this Christmas.

2 Likes

I Got a new liner for the hobart mig gun and fittings to hook up argon to the syncrowave tig. The hobart mig gun needs more work before it is usable. O-rings are mangled again due to pitting caused by electrical arcing where the gun plugs into the welder.

Also we still have some lights to replace.

Did we ever get the spool adapter? That unit wasn’t configured to used for general MIG

Yes we did. We got it somewhat running after the last meeting.

2 Likes

I have completed the online training , quiz and watched the 7 videos on the Bridgeport mill. Who is the best person to reach out to regarding getting I person training and how much should I expect to pay for the training? Thanks in advance.

Well, that’s Machine shop. For the Bridgeport, it’s probably @BobKarnaugh, but we could also tag @Team_Machine_Shop

1 Like

Josh,

Interestingly, your name is already in the QuizPass AD; I didn’t think that the new quiz management software was setup to do that yet.

7 videos means that you have viewed both those for the lathe as well as the mill.

I am not planning to show at the DMS for the next several days, while I am the one who does much of training for the mill there are others that can and some times do it as well; @hon1nbo, @proterc and @timbene. Normally the training is free. Do you have a current project for the mill; does it have some sort of time sensitive nature?

Regards,
Bob

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @BobKarnaugh ! No my project is not time sensitive as I am still waiting on my material to arrive. I am available Tuesday- Friday evenings and all day on Saturday’s. If you, or anyone else mentioned above are going to be around and have the time for training on the Bridgeport mill, let me know.

My project will require drilling large holes (1 1/4”) in mild steel (3”x2”) to fit bronze bushings and a 1” spindle. The purpose of this is to build build the main “carriage” for my rose engine lathe.

Sure enough this thing ran long like I thought it might Someone feel free to open the meeting but I’m about 20min out

Time, location

2020-12-05 12:00pm Dallas Makerspace & Google Meet

Meeting minutes are presently missing

Attendees

• Tails Hartnett
  • Tim Bene
  • Charlie Proctor
  • Randy Lisbona
  • David Shannon

Announcements

• New hand torch for the Thermal Dynamics Plasma is on the way having been donated to the committee

Votes

• Sell the old Machine torch for the SL100 Thermal Dynamics Plasma, being unusable with the hand configuration. Initial list via public eBay sale of $500 was made after a Unanimous vote.

Tasks completed

• Cleaning
1 Like