Mesquite Wood Anyone?

I’m sure you guys all watch the craigslist as close as I do, if not closer, but I know some of you are into mesquite wood, and this seems like a good haul…
https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/zip/d/large-mesquite-wood-limbs/6309057398.html

@jeffbob

1 Like

I just emailed him. You da man.

2 Likes

You’re a machine Jeff! Btw, this weekend I’m finally gifting that part of that lot I got from you at the DMS picnic raffle! Finally!

Be a wood Santa Clause, like me.

4 Likes

3 Likes

feet?

2 Likes

Typo, I presume…
But I did chortle a bit imagining it to be true…

Is that the “Dark Santa?”

Jeff Whitcomb
2100 Bowling Green
Denton, TX 76201
800-969-9368
cell-903-203-9463
“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

If any small bits of this wind up at the Space, I’d be interested. We turn simple pens (nib holders), so we need about 1" square bits from 6 to 12".

2 Likes

Let me know where I can leave some.
I only work in Mesquite and have cutoffs that might suit you.

Jeff Whitcomb

“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

1 Like

I am up here most afternoons and evenings. This week we’ll be rolling out at about 8pm Thursday, and only have limited times late night until Monday afternoon. Until month-end, we’ve got a project storage spot on the shelves right next to the vertical storage. Recognizable by the antlers…

If I have some rounds can you use them?
Probably 1-3" diameter. I will look for square pieces too.
I don’t have plans on being in but should this weekend sometime.

Rounds are probably better. Square-ish is usually what we get, just because that’s more common.

1 Like

Great. I have some with worm holes in them I just turned to round to see what I can do with them. No inspiration at this point so I will try and bring some to you.

1 Like

Do you have a specific length you would like. I might get my circular saw out and cut them in advance.

I’ll get back to you later. Himself isn’t here. I know that I’ve smacked him about having a variety of lengths, but I’ll find out what his preference is.

He says 8-10" is ideal. 8" is his minimum working length. 12" is workable too.

is there an optimum length.

8 to 10 inches. (characters)

Are there diameter limitations? Most of what I have is 1-3"