Membership HOLD

Is it possible to put my membership on HOLD for a month or two? I was unable to find any link in member-services.

No, you can stop paying for membership for a few months, and then reinstate it when you want. IF there is a price increase during your hiatus then you will pay the new rate when you come back, but those don’t happen often. You will NOT lose any of your certification, generally, by stopping your membership and returning.

Easiest way to stop paying – remove your credit card from the system.

I have heard that we’ve added another option to the “cancel my service” thing, where you get to keep the amount of time you’ve paid for. In the past, if you cancelled your service, it was cancelled Right That Minute. It just runs out, though. You can’t save it for later.

Make sure that you use the same email to sign back in when you’re ready to come back.

Thank you. So, I guess I just have to stop paying.

Thank you. I will search for “cancel my service” option and remove my credit card from the system

I have not heard that. In my tenure it’s been “Cancel at end of billing cycle” or “Cancel immediately”. If that’s changed, I’m unaware. As of just now, those are the two options presented in the customer portal.

1 Like

Having talked to a couple of people (a while back) who cancelled, and then were surprised that it was immediately, I’m referring to the “cancel at end of billing cycle” as “keeping your time”. Yeah – it will just run out, vs saving it for when one comes back.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. I shall wait until the end of the billing cycle to cancel, to play it safe.

Because I fear I have not helped clarify, here is what one sees when cancelling:
First we click on Services, then My Services

All services connected to the account, past & present, will be listed. Select (click/tap) the one we wish to cancel (most accounts won’t have the ‘Gift Card’ entries shown in this test account):

Click the red “Request Cancellation” button

We really appreciate any information you can give us about why you’re cancelling, and note the “cancellation type” pulldown

Clicking the arrow opens our Cancellation Type options:

Immediate will be processed immediately and cannot be reversed except by purchase of new service.
End of Billing Period will show the cancellation in the queue to be processed. Processing that will happen at the end of your billing cycle.

So say we are selecting a cancellation option right now, 10/26/2022 for an account that will renew on the 3rd of each month. Then on 10/27/2022 we see a Members Only class we want to attend on 10/30/2022, and try to register for it. If we’ve selected Immediate our cancellation will already have processed, we will no longer a member, our key card will no longer work, and we will not be able to register for that Members Only class.
If we selected End of Billing Period, which will be the 2nd of every month, our cancellation will NOT have processed yet, we will still be an active member, key card will still work, and we’ll be able to register & attend without difficulty.

2 Likes

Andrew, Thank you very much! Your post makes the navigation very clear. Is the reinstatement procedure also as intuitive?

Maybe…
If we understand that we are purchasing new membership services for our existing billing account (and this is based on our email address), that tends to help.
Steps are in the KB.
Browse to Billing Portal
Click on Knowledgebase

click on “Sign back up with existing account”

Follow the steps

(text version)

Browse to https://accounts.dallasmakerspace.org/accounts/ and login with your EXISTING account’s email and password.

Click on Services > Order New Services and order either monthly or yearly membership.

Click on Billing > Manage Credit Card and verify that your current card information is correct.

Click on Home and verify that your address matches the credit card billing address.

Click on Billing > My Invoices and pay any invoices that are marked Unpaid.

(with screenshots)
Click on Services > Order New Services and order either monthly or yearly membership.

(rest of checkout not capped as I don’t actually want to purchase anything)

Click on Billing > Payment Methods and verify that your current card information is correct.

Click on Home and verify that your address matches the credit card billing address.

Click on Billing > My Invoices and pay any invoices that are marked Unpaid

This will make us a member in good standing. Add the RFID in Maker Manager, and you’re good to go.