Member Stephen Lecheler passed away

Stephen Lecheler @hasteur passed away this week due to covid-19 related illnesses. It was very quick. He didn’t live long enough to get the results of his covid-19 test.

He was only 36. Stephen’s Facebook is filling up with stories of his humor and kindness.

I knew him from outside the Space before he joined. At the Space, he enjoyed Fiber Arts the most, and a bit of lasering.

Attached is a picture of Stephen, and one of the hats he made and gifted.

16 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this. @talkers do you know if his family has a place people can donate in his honor?

2 Likes

From Jim, Stephen’s brother:
" With broken hearts my parents and I wanted to let everyone know that Steve Lecheler (son/brother) suddenly and unexpectedly passed away late this week. Covid-19 is suspected but not confirmed.

Steve loved so many different things it was hard to find a hobby or interest he didn’t have. From rucking and weight lifting to knitting and 3-D printing. From B-movies and Sci-fi to acting and singing with friends in a local theatre troupe. From Ingress and gaming (including producing and participating in postcasts) to chowing down at Monkey King Noodle Company, washing it all down with a local cider or beer.

Right now everything feels surreal and we are left with more questions than answers. Steve is loved and will be remembered always. In lieu of flowers etc. we would ask that you take time to connect with those you love, consider donating to your favorite charity in remembrance, or donate to Steve’s favorite charity https://supporters.eff.org/donate/

Be safe, and please keep Steve in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you."

Stephen’s facebook profile is public, or at least a large portion is.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=stephen%20lecheler

7 Likes

Oh no :frowning: This is so sad. Thank you for sharing. I didn’t know him but anyone with a love for the fiber arts is a friend in spirit. My heart goes out to the family.

4 Likes

my heart goes out to the family and friends. So sorry for the loss.

1 Like

Man that sucks. Not much older than myself. I hope I live long enough to see what all we learn about COVID because it’s a wild disease process in how variably it affects people.

3 Likes

So very sad. Thanks for sharing the information.

2 Likes