Member Meeting tomorrow...or "Makers assemble!"

We can probably get something going through the receiver if the meeting is in the lecture hall. not sure about interactive.

1 Like

Check with @Azalaket to see if you can use the woodshop loudspeaker.

1 Like

There is a small personal PA in my storage shelf. You are welcome to use it. My students can hear me over woodshop tools with it. Kind of like a belt clip megaphone. Charges with micro usb. If you need the bigger one, @Azalaket or Chris Ghaly will have to tell you where to find it.

6 Likes

The big thing that is happening in VECTOR currently is that we are about to do our third event at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History on Saturday August 18th from 7-11pm for the Give Back Game Night. More information on this event can be found here https://www.facebook.com/events/2090283611225257/ and here at https://www.fwmuseum.org/exhibit/give-back-game-night/ Currently we are working to get all of the games that will be going prepped and ready for the event.

Planning for the upcoming move and expansion of our committee area is well underway. We have basically figured out how we plan to setup our area and identified where the power and air drops are needed.

As requested another bad caps electronics repair class will be on the calendar soon. Trying to work it in around Raymond’s work travel and upcoming vacation.

Several new member projects are about to get started in VECTOR. More one-on-one training on repairing and troubleshooting their game and how it works.

Also in the planning process of another big event for VECTOR for later this fall.

6 Likes

Can the expansion team post the Expansion layout somewhere during/after the meeting so those of us that can’t make it to the meeting can view it?

I’m assuming they will, but I’m so excited I must ask when and where.

4 Likes

Yes, after. :blankspace:

2 Likes

There is part of me that is hoping you unveil a tiny, to scale, model of the new area. Complete with tiny equipment and tiny people, and tiny bins, and … well you get the idea. Because you’re not busy enough right. :wink:

7 Likes

**GlassWorks **
Committee meeting notes 8/6/2018

A copy of the GlassWorks floor plan was passed out to the attending committee members. The power placement for the kilns and other electricity was suggested and approved.
We briefly talked about the placement of tables and equipment. We will schedule a more in-depth meeting on these items at a later date
The microwave cart has been placed on hold since the credit card to order was lost, when the replacement card comes in we will get this ordered.
Update on the large kiln – we need 240 power before any further test can be run.
Charles Baber has been doing a great job on getting our equipment operational. We disused that most of our equipment is for home hobby use. We will need to take extra care when using these items since they will be used a lot more than they are designed for.
We had another discussion on a 101-equipment class be held. Not all member are online, it was also suggested we have a printed list displayed near the equipment of all approved users. This will be voted on at our next meeting.
We are currently gathering all Stained-Glass Tools and equipment to inventory. We need to be able see what is usable, and what needs to be purchased so we may get some classed scheduled.

Anita Willis has a Parent/Children’s glass class scheduled 8/19, also is working on getting a 10x 10 Flat Fused class put together.

1 Like

@John_Marlow

If you happen to get bored, a 1:20 model of DMS would be really neat.

6 Likes

Hopefully I can make it but I’m still wiring a transformer and diodes.

1 Like

Ceramics (Formerly Fired Arts) July/August Items of Note:

1. Voted last month to change our name to ‘Ceramics Committee’ to better reflect what we now do. It will be a process to convert things over but eventually we’ll get there!

2. Had a successful ‘broad spectrum’ Train the Trainers meeting with good attendance. At DMS there tends to be support if you are looking for information to teach a specific class but less in-person resources to cover the general items such as how to get supplies, how to use the instructor interface for the calendar, how honorariums work, etc. We were also able to have prospective new teachers meet each other and exchange contact info for co-teaching and assistant help. All in all, it worked well and we were able to answer a lot of questions more in depth than what is on the wiki.

3. We are going to be doing a push for ‘Christmas in September’ with an assortment of classes to get people thinking about projects that they want to complete for the holidays. Due to how long and how many processes it takes to create and fire pottery, this will hopefully help members better achieve their ideas and soften the Christmas rush on the kilns.

4. Next meeting is August 29th and we will be continuing our discussions on Open House, Expansion, and Promotional plans, please come join us!

1 Like

Can we get back to putting committee reports on the meeting agenda?

I’d make one for this month since it doesn’t even look like there is an agenda for today’s meeting, but I don’t know how to make a new wiki page :neutral_face:

1 Like

Page created.
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Regular_Member_Meeting_20180810
Nothing really on it, but I filled in what little I know…

1 Like

Just an fyi to all. This is not my meeting. Yes, I booked them on the calendar, but I don’t chair them or set an agenda.
I advertised it because I was asked to.

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to imply that you did. But then that begs the question, who does?

You and I are OK. No worries.
The rules say:

2 Likes

I knew Stephenie doesn’t own the meeting, but I’m the person who asked for it to be advertised.

I also note that the agenda is supposed to be finalized by the Sunday preceding the meeting.

I’m calling the expansion reveal a committee report in order to fit into the de facto agenda.

3 Likes

LASER: We are producing around 40 new active users per month.

Meeting Minutes:

1. Stephenie to analyze Square payment data by weekday for patterns.
  2. Talk to Expansion re: roof/ductwork inspection.
  3. John to get a quote from Thunder on replacement control panel.
  4. Committee authorized funds to replace Thunder and Blitzen’s vector grids.
  5. In new layout, we want worktables. and twist-lock outlets from the ceiling.
  6. Task Clay and Brady with a negative pressure interlock sensor for clogged blower/ventilation.
  7. Celia will follow up with other Laser businesses for MSDS info.
  8. Bruce is pricing a single gas detector and commercial negative pressure system.
6 Likes

A project I want to do is to roam The Space with a video camera just before any committee moves to #102 and build a model of the way things were. I wish someone had done that for Ladybird…

3 Likes

I think have paid contained storage will help a lot The wide and open shelves
encourage folks to collect more and more