Meh.com (Title Must be 15 Characters)

If you hate consumerism, etc. (despite this post, I kinda do), this post is not for you. https://meh.com/ is a one-item-a-day sales website. You can buy whatever they have on offer for the day until they run out, which is often in the first hour or two. Some of their stuff is silly or useless or garbage, but some is not. Their interface is simple and amusing and non-intrusive (no spam, marketing, etc.). If you like to order more than one item a month, they offer a VIP program with essentially pays for shipping for your first order each month. Despite my general antipathy for this type of thing, this site pretty much gets it right.

The site owner used to run something called Woot.com until it was bought/ruined by Amazon, so if you were familiar with Woot in their early days, this is pretty much that.

Anyhoo…I use it on occasion and thought others may find it at least amusing, if not downright useful.

MODERATOR: “Rugged.” Great suggestion. What do you do for a living, if I may ask?

CRAIG W.: Staff croquet pro at a retirement home.

2 Likes

LOLZ
I was in a training session with a couple folks going ga-ga over this site.
Couldn’t understand the allure, but they bought crap I wouldn’t have taken from a trade show.
Boy I wish I would originate one of these $ideas$ that I ju$t don’t get… :slight_smile:

1 Like

meh.

<!qwofhq;ofbe;beiwbrf>

1 Like

I saw Woot! on their building in far NE Carrollton long before bothering to look up what it was.

Wow that’s awesome. Looking at some of the later stats is pretty funny.

Interesting we made the top 10…

You just can’t buy that type of advertising!

“This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people.”

Ok. I had to click the link just to boost our numbers to stay in the top list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

how was “meh.” enough characters?

2 Likes

Up to 6th most linked place now. LOL

It just is.
(and I just tried something that didn’t work, have no real idea how he did that)

I used to buy and sell wholesale with Woot and its predecessor, Synapse Micro. This story from D Magazine explains a lot: This Internet Millionaire Has a New Deal For You

The stuff about First Saturday is absolutely accurate. I was there watching people jump out of the way of his truck when he arrived and swarming the truck as soon as it stopped.

As an Internet merchant, I loved to stand in the shipping department at Woot (the old location) and watch the high-speed label printer print hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of outgoing shipping labels, one immediately after the other. No need to sort them since every order was for the same quantity (1) of the same thing.

Best thing at First Saturday wad the guy selling sausages. Nothing better than a brat at 4am.

1 Like