Materials and You Class Series

Hello everyone. If you haven’t seen already, I am doing a lecture series on the basics of Materials Science and how it relates to the materials you interact with daily.

The first class is tomorrow at 1:30 p.m - 2:30 p.m. The topic that will be covered is over the periodic table and bond types, the basic backbone of any material.

If you have any interest in materials, developing a product, or want to expand your knowledge base come on by.

8 Likes

Update: Had to push the class back due to reasons outside of my control. So the first part of the Materials and You series will begin Wednesday at 9:00 p.m. This should be a better time, especially for those night owls.

To register for the event, I will provide a link HERE to make registration simple and easy. I hope to see some y’all there.

2 Likes

I may come in late since I am teaching till 9 and then I have to
clean up, I need to see how much of this I remember, I think
the basics I do

That’s fine, anyone is invited anytime. And again, if people can’t attend that’s fine. I will be recording the class and will post the video on talk and on my Youtube channel.

Hello Everyone.

So, something happened on my part and the class got deleted. If you signed up for the first class go ahead and sign-up again here.

Otherwise, the second class of the series is this Friday at 6:00 p.m. A link to the sign-up sheet is here.

I hope to see everyone here tonight.

1 Like

Update on the next lecture.

The next lecture will be next Tuesday the 11th at 5 p.m. I’m sorry if this is a conflict with your schedule. It is the only time I could have the class and keep up with having multiple classes a week. The sign up for the class can be found here.

The Lecture on Conductivity will still be held on Wednesday and should appear on the calendar soon.

Hello Everyone,

I’m sorry to say this, especially so close to the lecture time, but I will have to cancel the class for today. Something unexpected came up that I can’t miss and I won’t be able to make it in time for the lecture. I do apologize and will see you tomorrow to talk about polymers.

-Joshua

1 Like

I am interested in material science but could not make the last meeting. How do I access the recorded video of last meeting. Or when is the next meeting?

Phil

Phil,

I can email you links to the uncut footage, as I am still editing them to be publishable. Otherwise, we will meet tonight at 10:15

-Joshua

Hey Everyone. I haven’t posted here in a while about the class, but it is still going on. We have reached the point where we can talk about the Optical Properties of Materials. For those of you who were holding out for that the link to sign up for the class can be found here. This lecture doesn’t need any prior knowledge of the material in order to understand it.

After talking about the Optical properties of Materials, we will go into the application of those properties. We will cover Fiber Optics, Flourecense, and how Lasers work. That’s right LASERS! So if you need the link to sign up for the class, it can be found here.

1 Like