Mask Mandate stay

More contempt from you… nice.

Dude - you have no idea what contempt is…

Dude, I was a professional writer… I KNOW what contempt is… which is why I don’t use it.

Yes, that is the answer, firmly and unambiguously established in the organization’s governing documents.

It is quite apparent that you do not like the rules enacted by the Board.

However, the resolution as worded is not explicitly conditional on the County mandate to remain in effect.

You would do well to make your views known to the Board.

2 Likes

Whether I like the mandate or not is irrelevant. I re read the resolution, it specifies “Due to the potential financial penalty of any violations of this order”, This is no longer a concern… It’s right there in plain English. How can you say it is not explicit?

It’s easy, just show up to the board meeting Wednesday, refuse to put on a mask and refuse to leave the building when they ask. The board (since they’re already in a meeting) can vote to suspend you and you won’t have to worry about whether DMS has a mask mandate. Simple!

8 Likes

Why Should I? You just described a kangaroo court and I have more important things to do like unravel dental floss.

By the way… you have rather left the discussion at hand. Was that deliberate?

If it were dependent upon the mandate being in effect it would say as much, to the tune of So long as Dallas County Order [whatnot] is in effect, [the following is required]. Instead, the County mandate is at best a preamble or merely juxtaposed with the actual rule, sort of like A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State…

And again - plead your case to the Board since only they can modify or rescind the rule.

4 Likes

Keep your mask on.

The “per the order” simply expressed it was urgent people comply.

The board does not, and never has, required input from the membership for every one of their actions. We seek input for a number of things, but the buck stops with us short of a bylaw change with a quorum of the membership.

We planned to leave any mask mandate in place due to the fact the courts are liable to keep flip flopping at state and federal levels as this political d*** waiving contest ensues.

Masks are critical for ending this damn pandemic, and members who refuse to wear them will continue to be asked to leave until we change the rules.

As a business we can stipulate whatever requirements to entry that we want as long as they do not affect a protected class nor violate our own bylaws

@steve_a this post is clearly designed for s*** stirring as it’s been made loud and clear several times the board has the authority to make the requirement regardless of outstanding orders, the bylaws have nothing to do with this, and if you’re walking around without a mask for the time being it is grounds for removal unless we remove the requirement.

That’s all there is to say on this matter, full stop. If someone wants to share updates on the current state of counties/states/federal response then fine, but unless we actually remove the rule I’m going to continue locking this threads as they do nothing but stir s***.

12 Likes