Mars 3 Printing problems

I was using the elegoo mars 3 and I’ve had 4 failures in a row where the build plate makes this grinding noise when it initially presses - I’ve made sure to properly level it and redo, and it worked once, but I can’t manage to figure it out. Is there something I’m missing or could it be my resin tank with an issue?

Interesting point … is the build plate grinding against the inside of the tank?

It’s easy to have the build plate not fully back against the lifting arm and not realize it. If it’s not all the way back then it can scrape one of the sides of the tank.

I know this because … my tanks has a couple scrapes in it from exactly that mistake.

I think it was fully back, I made sure it was completely centered before I started the print, even made sure everything was all set with rotational alignment too. It’s not exactly a grinding sound, like a deep whirring noise close to grinding I suppose? Similar to how it sounds when it’s moving but louder.

I did notice that the arm on the back that holds the plate was a little wobbly but I couldn’t remember if that’s how it was last week when I had successful prints.