Mark Reynolds, 2024 Statement of Intent

I, Mark Reynolds, am submitting my Statement of Intent to run for the Board of Directors.

As a dedicated member of Dallas Makerspace for the past 8 years, I, Mark Reynolds, am submitting my Statement of Intent to run for the Board of Directors.

Over the past 16 months, I have had the privilege of serving as the Creative Arts Chair, building a thriving leadership team and creating an active and caring community, and more recently as the Animatronics Chair and a member of the Public Relations and Infrastructure teams. Through these roles I have gained valuable insight into the workings of our organization and have identified areas where I believe improvements can be made to better serve our community.

If elected, my primary goals will be to initiate comprehensive updates to our bylaws, ensuring clarity and accountability for all members, chairpersons, officers, and board members. By establishing clearer responsibilities and expectations in these updates, I believe we can empower all members to become better stewards for the Makerspace and the community.

Transparency is paramount to building trust and to fostering a sense of unity within our community. I will work to enhance transparency in all areas of our organization’s operations, ensuring that members are informed and involved in major decision-making processes wherever possible.

Furthermore, I am committed to bolstering our presence through social media engagement. By leveraging these platforms effectively, I am confident we can increase public awareness of Dallas Makerspace, attract new members, and foster partnerships that might benefit our organization and quite possibly the broader maker society.

With my experience, dedication, and the support of our community, I am confident that I can contribute positively to the future growth and success of Dallas Makerspace.

I am grateful for this opportunity to serve, and I ask for your vote in the upcoming election. I believe that together, we can continue to make Dallas Makerspace a vibrant hub for creativity, innovation, and collaboration.

Thank you for your consideration.

Mark ‘Limey’ Reynolds

19 Likes