MakerTrade: 3D Scan and Case Design - $$

I saw this on Reddit. Kinda neat for a Raspberry Pi cluster if you don’t specifically need the DIN rail.

1 Like

Luke, your amazing. That’s perfect for quakecon or other conventions we go to.

Still need to use the din rail since wall space is nearly infinite and deskspace is non existent.

1 Like

I can confirm it’s a nice compact rack
Here’s one I built a while back with m3 screws. As a warning, some of the parameters are not consistently used. For example, it defaults to m4 screw, but the hole diameter variable is used as a constant in several places instead of the variable.

The printed 2020 extrusions also work surprisingly well

2 Likes

@lukeiamyourfather and @chliki

If we combine that case and its compainion parts with the following things:

then modify / hack this one so it can mount the rack enclosure:

Well have a complete solution.

I remixed the rail mounting clip that you linked to match the bolt pattern of the rail pieces used in the 6" rack enclosure. It’ll take a M4 screw, and has a 2.5mm counter bored hex (7.25mm) on the inside of the rail side. This will keep a M4 screw head from turning so you can bolt it in the back and be deep enough to not catch the rail. If you want to use different sized hardware, I can change it fairly easily.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X3BaiiD1v4Qfl5tI22YKwT0P_jrGqsYg

1 Like

Modified the design (new file, old one still there, same link as before) that has a lock to the rail section in the case luke shared. This should keep it from sliding around left/right when installing and give a better overall mechanical lock.

Smashing work!! Lets talk more about this at the next office hours. Oh and bring an invoice for your time.