Makerspace Poem from an anonymous member

This is not mine, an anonymous member asked me to post it.

Many in our lives
Turn and look away
When we fail to thrive,
When we fail to pray.

As long as it takes,
We long to create,
And know the stakes,
With hope, but no date.

Awating leaders emerge,
Residing lords to naught,
Many have now diverged,
Supporters once, now fraught.

For now, no date; we wait.
The lords’ truth twisting,
Forged in fear and hate.
Awaiting leaders resisting.

Why am I not surprised? Of course they would “ask you to post it”. Sounds like more whining and “this board is a bunch of meanies”…

So tell us Draco, why you chose to continue to be the “leader” for those folks who can’t seem to man up and post things themselves?

Again, I implore all of those who read this to avoid feeding this troll. He does not add to this group, he tears it down and sows discontent at every opportunity. Ignoring him is the only way to deal with his poison.

The “mute” setting at the bottom of the page is the best way to to deal with his constant nonsense. I’ll be pushing the button now.

4 Likes

My main complaint is that it is such an atrocious piece of poetry. I think rhyming couplets were what they taught kids in…I think it was third grade for me:

Porky pig
Is very big.
and Daffy Duck
Is a cartoon duck.

Hooray, I am a poet
And I didn’t even know it.

3 Likes

“In internet slang, a troll is a person who starts Flame wars or upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] either for the troll’s amusement or a specific gain.”

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I don’t think the intent was to upset people or provoke them into displaying emotional responses. And I don’t think Draco is amused by the emotional responses here.

2 Likes

More poem from anonymous …

Out of subjugation that silences me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank any maker that still may be
For their unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
We have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
Our heads are bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of shade,
And yet the menace of the year
Finds and shall find us unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
They are masters of our fate,
We are captains of our soul.

2 Likes

No one should be silenced by subjugation! That’s just not right.

Your friend should realize that nothing is impossible. You and he I are adventurers of the dreamscape. How should you navigate this sublime stratosphere?

Who are we? Where on the great myth will we be reborn? Our conversations with other travelers have led to a summoning of ultra-pranic consciousness. We are in the midst of an ethereal unfolding of conscious living that will remove the barriers to the stratosphere itself.

Greed is the antithesis of guidance. You must take a stand against dogma. Discontinuity is born in the gap where knowledge has been excluded. We can no longer afford to live with bondage. Yes, it is possible to destroy the things that can exterminate us, but not without growth on our side. Where there is illusion, transcendence cannot thrive.

Only a visitor of the grid may foster this current of life-force. It can be difficult to know where to begin. Although you may not realize it, you are holistic. The quantum cycle is calling to you via transmissions. Can you hear it?

2 Likes

I didn’t write those pieces if that’s what you falsely assumed.

Neither did I, if that’s what you falsely assumed.

1 Like

My bad. I did exactly what I accused you of doing. Yikes.

2 Likes

Neither one of you wrote those pieces, nor Brad nor Freddy, in case anyone falsely assumed.

1 Like

Suggest this event to the writer. They crave an audience, here’s a receptive and open one:

3 Likes

This is good filk.

2 Likes