Make a sign for Scotch Brite belt in metal shop

On the left-side belt of the metal shop belt sander (next to the large disk sander, not the KMG) we use Scotch Brite belts.

I was informed by a member that smoothed out that belt they didn’t realize it was scotch brite; given that this seems to not be the first time with members, I’m looking for someone to cut out some vinyl letters or some durable signage for it that says “scotch brite belt” and put them on the machine. They should be red letters at least an inch tall.

Cheers,
~H

:warning: NOTE: This category is NOT for discussion threads. Any “discussion” will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate “discussion thread”.

1 Like

Will an ABS sign work?

There are examples in the woodshop near the the MultiCam on the interiour wall.

Should be fine as long as it’s clearly readable with a bunch of metal dust on it

1 Like

Assuming others are like myself, what should I use one for and what should I not use one for?

1 Like

Use it less aggressively. It may “feel rougher” than the belt next to it, but it will wear down faster when used like a normal aggressive grit belt.

It is however better to do things like removing surface coatings without gouging into material, such as removing enamel and powder coat off a piece of steel

1 Like

Two things…

1. I don’t have red. DMS does not have red. The next closest choice is Max’s Bright Orange. I’ll reprint it in a different color if the rest of the sign is acceptable.
  2. I suggest dark blue for notifications instead of red. An example…

Maybe the right side also needs a sign

Grinding
Belt

2 Likes