[LASERS DOWN] Maintenance Day + Committee Mtg + FOOD, Sun Aug 5 2018, 11a-2p

Agenda:

1. Announcements: John Gorman is procurement officer; 10x10 Show + Open House; LightBurn update; Optics course; 60 Days out from needing new Committee leadership; Change in maintenance protocol to incorporate a recurring check and cleaning of the blower fans; “Avoid the Queue” sign; (2018 balance) $22,454.33 + (carryover) $23,774.61 - (2017 laser purchase) $15000 = $31,228.94.
  2. $400 controller board for Thunder
  3. Buy extra beds from thunder.
  4. Expansion location
  5. No-Go Materials Review of ABS. https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/discuss-laser-no-go-material-3-abs/32453/18
5 Likes

These are the cupcakes I’m going to make if Someone Who I Will Not Mention decides to cook a main dish. Half chocolate cake. Half cheesecake. Chocolate chips.

8 Likes

7 Likes

@John_Marlow would you pin globally?

@heyheymama It looks like you have the power to do this too.

Etiquette. I’m not an official moderator. One thing for me to pin in Laser, another to pin elsewhere.

1 Like

My treat for team Laser. I’ll be providing homemade chicken salad. Thank you guys for your excellent work.

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Kris!

1 Like

So sad to be out of town on a work adventure enjoy the meeting and time maintaining our amazing tools. Any one new to the space come and check out the great group of folks in @team_laser .

5 Likes

I second both of those sentiments. I’ll be in Austin this Sunday. The maintenance / meeting days are the most efficient way to to learn more about our lasers from the folks who know know them.

2 Likes

Josh,

Productive and safe travels. We’ll see you next month.

Take care,

Scott

1 Like

Thank you Kris! I’ve got croissant rolls ready to go.

2 Likes

@joshw and @tomthm, wishing you great trips.
You’ll be missed.
I have Laser’s expansion assignment, including a map.
Contact me when back in town and I will share the news with you.

Nice. I’m looking forward to seeing the future!

Sorry Andrew and I couldn’t make it today, we got stuck in Oklahoma for an extra day.

We had 17 there today, so no labor shortage. Your input on the agenda was missed though
Take care and safe travels.

2 Likes

@Kriskat30, a big THANK YOU for that amazing chicken salad that you made and brought to Laser Maintenance Day. That recipe is delicious!

And another big THANK YOU to every one of you who came out to this month’s Laser Committee meeting and maintenance day. You are the ones who help keep these fabulous assets running. “Do-ocracy” at its finest!

5 Likes