Machine Shop move

Its been interesting trying to edit, I incidentally didnt think about all the memory it was going to take. I have one M2 Hard drive partitioned into 2 sections. Well I put the video in the OS portion, so I ran out of space. I’m going to be adding a 2tb SSD so I can save it there instead.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing the pictures about the move! Very cool!

1 Like

and not one trip hazard or out of place tool comment from Nick Silva… amazing :stuck_out_tongue: Much appreciation for all the hard work folks - Thank you.

1 Like

I mean, we have photographic evidence of non-members walking out the back door with DMS equipment… :rofl:

1 Like

Was the Chair there and just watched and didn’t say anything? :wink:

2 Likes

AWESOME! Can’t wait to get back.

Good we have some stuff waiting for you. :smile:

2 Likes

There was a flying pig spotted.

7 Likes

This that a Suisse Pig? Maybe the head of the PIG SIG should be called Boss Hog.

1 Like

Not sure of the vintage… lol.

1 Like

People said that the Machine Shop would never get moved until pigs fly. The shop has moved and now we have verifiable proof that pigs do fly.

9 Likes

30 years late on that one for me. I used to know a guy named Jim Creech. He flew one of the DPS helos. Even had wings on his flight suit that were a pig head with wings… :slight_smile:

That would be some cool trivia for tours, “there are x many flying pigs around the space see if you can spot them all” type thing. Also I know we have a DMS logo, but do we have a mascot? Some kind of flying pig would be cool I think, a bit of an inside joke for us

Have to be the sloth: Start projects, finish whenever.

Hang them where ever.

4 Likes

We also have Pegasus, the flying horse. That is why you may hear the conflated Pigasus.

2 Likes

I like Pegasus … but the sloth and motto are probably more accurate. Both work.

1 Like

@urbite. Paul Urbanus, the “Pig Man” of all men…are you following this thread? “Pig Man” as in an alum of the University of Arkansas and Chief Pig, or rather head, of their Alumni Association… and a great personality at DMS.

2 Likes

I’ll probably have some Easter egg flying pigs around

3 Likes

Oh Calvin, Robin Renzetti had a new vid a couple of days back that if fantastic. I was able to achieve this in just a few mins… https://photos.app.goo.gl/XraeQymdZP1cFj8g7

Here’s his video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PzCie9pgPk