Machine shop humor

Saw this on face page: Indicating in the part. Perfect every time no matter how much you turn the chuck.

8 Likes

Please don’t let anyone see this

We don’t want to be required to use spring loaded mag bases. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well of course not, the machine is turned off!

you can turn it by hand. It’s such a good job it will read centered at any speed!

1 Like

Soooo…what’s the problem with a moving reference? :smirk:

1 Like

I’m happy with it. RUN IT!

Tormach seems to like variable references… :exploding_head:

1 Like

So, the dad told the son he was old enough to start plowing the field and showed him how to drive and work the plow. He came back later to find really crooked furrows and sighed. “Son”, he said, “these furrows have to be straight and parallel, yours are all crooked and messed up!” The son said, “well, this is the first time I am doing this and you weren’t; exactly specific on that point, What do you suggest I do?” And the dad replied, “just pick a reference object that’s directly in front of you on the other end of the field and just keep steering toward it…get it?” And the son said, “yep, I get it…sounds easy now that you’ve explained it clearly”.

So the dad leaves to go do other farm stuff, and maybe bang his wife for a nooner, and comes back later in the day to find an even worse mess, as if someone threw a huge giant-sized plate of spaghetti on the field.

“What the hell, you jackass!” the father cried. “I thought you said you got it?” “I did,” said the son. “I chose an object at other end of the field and headed straight for it all day long, just like you said.”

“What object did you pick that could possibly have allowed you to end up with this mess?” said the irate dad.

“The cow,” says the son.

Gee Nick that’s exactly how I would do it! Dumb900!

1 Like

Well, when one is suffering a machinist’s funk and really needs a win, a set up such as shown above can grant one a much needed respite, albeit a brief one. Better than a tool bag full of zanex tablets and without the drowsiness that so often accompanies the use of psycho-active meds.

Thanks for sharing that,
Bob

1 Like

More Machine Shop Humor:

6 Likes

Like I always say, indicating a part at 3000 RPM is the ONLY way to go.

Thought some would find this funny like I did. :slight_smile:

2 Likes