Mac files will be incompatable for the domino project

Sorry for the bad news, but the mac version of F360 seems to create a completely different version of gcode than that of the PC or jump server. It seems to offer more options in certain features and the result is the coordinates end up different than what is expected. That is not to say it won’t work, but I don’t have the time to create and test a whole other set of files for comparison. So while I hate to penalize mac users for something that is not your fault, but since the domino program was developed for the jump server as the baseline you’ll have to use the jump server version (I hope it’s working) to create your files so that we are all on the same page and to make the comparison easy.

Sorry, it is the old mac vs PC battle, and unfortunately the blame is with AutoDesk for making them different.

1 Like

Darn!

Nick, if the Jump option doesn’t work, I’ve never been able to launch Fusion360 on Jump, will a version done on Windows 10 be acceptable? I have Fusion360 on a Windows desktop at home.

yes, since the jump is a pc based server, It should be fine from a pc generated f360

1 Like

Wow!

Thank’s crazy!

How did you learn / verify this? Has Autodesk published a white paper or release notes about this?

Thanks!

it did not create the same output. But I don’t think that is the issue. I think an update has added new parameters which the older version did not have, and is throwing off the offsets. I’m going to go off of the f360 file to determine if the file is good but it will be slower going.

Hmmmm … I wonder if Autodesk has some kind of tool that will allow one to strip off / modify those offsets.

I will contact Autodesk tomorrow and talk with them about the differences with the outputs between Windows & Mac versions.

Nick, I wanted to mention something I tried tonight. I think you’re correct that it’s not the mac version that’s the problem but the newer version of F360 that is causing the delta. I have both a Mac and a PC running the latest version of F360 and I exported the project file and the post process files from both the Mac and PC. I’ve posted both sets in my member drive directory. I also did a full text comparison of the gcode files and both the 902 and 903 (Mac and PC) files are exactly the same.

I would anticipate as soon as the DNS issue is fixed and someone launches F360 on the Jump Server, it will update to the latest version and we’ll be in the same boat. We may have to figure out what’s causing the difference no matter what.

1 Like

It may be that because it’s installed for all users only a user with administrator rights would be able to update the SW. I can’t actually get it to run on Jump though, just thought I’d mention it. :slight_smile:

yeah it looks like the dns problems persist. no worries, I’m checking the f360 files at home. I’ll let you know shortly.

1 Like