Looking up your Tool Authorizations (Class Prerequisites)

You can see which tool certifications are recorded for you using one of the specially configured kiosks in the Common Room, or remotely from Maker Manager at this link.

We call this “AD Groups”. If you are a “member of the AD Group” then you have that specific “certification”. Frequently some of these are required as prerequisites for additional classes.

(This information is also repeated in the New Member 411).

Missing/Incorrect Groups:

• Go to the Issues & Requests category and create a “New Topic”. (No access? Go to Green Dot Access category and request access.).
  • Provide the following information:
    Title: Something like: Sewing Group - Smith - 5/23/19
    1. Affected Tool or Resource: Name of the Group you need to be added to
    2. Committee/Group who handles this: @yashsedai, @hon1nbo
    3. Details:
    • Your first and last name (not your Talk ID)
    • Date on which you took the class
    • Name of the instructor (and his/her TalkID if you know it)

You should be able to look up the class details with the “My account” section of the calendar.

9 Likes

One note, tag the instructor if possible when making the message. We can’t add people to a group without their approval.

We are currently setting up all the instructors with the ability to manage this themselves, so hopefully in the next month one won’t have to rely on the two infrastructure guys to handle this.

-Tails

2 Likes

Sorry to hijack, but is there a reason this info can only be accessed from inside the space / remote desktop? I was thinking of looking into making that possible.

The Maker Manager link provided by Chris is available from the Internet…

The link just takes me to voting rights page and that’s closed. I have gone through the menus in Maker Mgr and don’t see anything about AD Groups and searches yield nothing. I’m I not looking in the right place?

Try makermanager.dallasmakerspace.org

2 Likes

Yes, found it! Thank you!