Looking to support photography & videography

Hello there,

Even though I joined in February 2022, I still consider myself a newcomer, so please pardon my newbie question here.

One of my areas of expertise is photography & videography, as well as digital media software tools (particularly the Adobe suite). I was wondering what steps I can begin to work on to be useful in supporting those interested in these subjects. You can find some examples of my work on my social media accounts and a little on my website.

Most of my photography is on my Lightroom account. If anyone is interested I’ll provide access when we talk. I was doing weddings/engagements/commercial stuff, and a little art. But I put most of that aside as I am working on my MFA in Studio Arts. And although my BFA degree is in Commercial Photography, I divided to focus on Sculpture and other media (3D/wood/ceramics) for my grad degree.

Thanks and kindest regards,

Howdy Rob, welcome and I see you got some great looking works of art! I’ve been wanting some help with photography and making some of my work stand out more if you be so kind to help me I’d love to help you anyway I can. I work with metal quite often and love to teach a thing or two for some guidance on photography!

1 Like

We have a PR team for the space that could really use your help.

We need B roll action shots around the space, and little 15sec clips so we can advise on YouTube. And help photographing and getting good video on events.

If you’re interested, I can shoot you a PM and get you hooked up with the team. We’re small, and always open to new ideas!

We always want teachers!

Adobe:
Film and image editing would be great classes, as well as vector editing if you know illustrator. There is a huge demand for vector editing classes because they run so many of our CNC type machines (lasers, shapeokos…etc)

Photography:
Intro to photography classes are always welcome, too.

Personally, I’d love to learn studio lighting/studio flashes, I have always shot candid.

A shorter class on product photography for social media would be great, too.

Our Digital Media room computers have full adobe creative suite licenses, as does one computer In the creative arts dept- that one has a Wacom style tablet monitor.