Looking to learn how to solder

Hello! I’m an aspiring student who wants to learn how to create things like amplifiers and signal altering circuits on breadboards as well as be able to diagnose, repair, and salvage PCBs! Part of this is learning how to solder, of course, and I would like if someone would be willing to teach a total beginner like myself.

If anyone is willing to teach me how to solder and/or build circuits on a breadboard, I’d be grateful!

I have a few things, like sensors, a soldering iron, and a multimeter (that may be a little finnicky. A project that I am trying to do right now is building an amplification circuit for a microphone capsule, just barebones circuitry.

1 Like

I’ll be in this Thursday evening, or you can come to Electronics Office Hours on the 18th. I’ll also probably be in much of Tuesday.

6 Likes

This Tuesday? If so, that’d be great!

1 Like

“The bigger the gob the better the job” soldering 101…

1 Like

Good gentlemen and ladies, may I join your soldering 101 session. I’m building a CW radio with little experience and need a refresher on basic soldering techniques. Thank you, Andrey.

Sure, bring your project

1 Like

Thank you Sir, at about what time tomorrow?

I’ll be all day til 4. Y’all agree a time and we’ll meet in the electronics lab.

1 Like

I propose noon 12pm

Flux is your friend and the liquid flux we have at DMS is top-notch.

I’ll be there. Meet in e-lab.

1 Like

We highly appreciate your class today Rich, it was great! Andrey.

2 Likes