Looking for Someone with Built Motor Experience

Sorry for ghosting the thread everyone. I’m having a Subaru tech look at everything with me on Saturday.
We got the new 10mm pump in last weekend and it seems to be doing alright. I’ll be checking the seals for leaks whenever the automotive area gate gets fixed. I’m hoping it all looks good!

In the meantime, here are some photos of the car. If you see me working on it at the space, come say hello!

2 Likes

Nice.
Do you have already have upgraded brake pads?

No, but next on my list are some DBA 4000 rotors and either StopTech or
Hawk pads.

1 Like

Love the build here, and the detailed convo on the build list! I’m new here (still need to get certified on the lift) but I have a fun car as well, my 02 Lexus IS300. Love the Subie @JeremyDoss, that thing looks clean.

I have some experience in ‘built’ motors, however my machinest has assembled my shortblocks for me in the past since he has all of the tools, and well I don’t.

Would either of you know who to contact to get certified on the lift?

1 Like

I had @TLAR give me some lift training. I’m glad you like the build, It’s definitely a blast to drive! I’ll be up there installing a temp sensor if the bays clear up.

Ah that’s his name, I saw someone working on a miata and he brought up his name. Yeah looks like a great build! What kind of power are you putting down? I glanced thru some of the stuff above so I may have missed it if you mentioned it

Dang nice! Some healthy numbers there, and having it at all four wheels, I bet that feels great! Once I get trained on the lift, I’ll be up there. I’ve got some poly diff bushings to install, along with measuring driveshaft angles to rid myself of this vibration.

Nice! I’ve done almost all the bushings, inserts, and mounts in my car. Not is it louder now! I’d love to have you show me the driveline measuring as I’d like to check all that on my car. It judders pretty bad with any load under 2000 RPM :confused:

1 Like

Nice! I still have a ways to go to get everything up to snuff, I used to drift the car so I had some basic suspension components done, plus an angle kit at the time. Then I got bit by the boost bug, so I’m playing catch up. I have solid engine mounts along with some spherical bushings, so I can absolutely attest to things be louder haha.

That is interesting though, that you would get shaking/vibration at that rpm speed. I get vibrations when I hit about 110mph+. Do you have lightweight pulleys? Aftermarket or stock harmonic balancer? I’m getting trained on the lift Monday evening after my wood shop class, around 730pm. As long as the weather is ok, I’ll be driving my car down there to measure the driveshaft

1 Like

Yeah I have a feeling it’s the car appt Subaru 5 speed paired up with my lightweight flywheel and clutch. I’ll try to make it up to the makerspace tomorrow so maybe I will see you there.