Looking for Someone to do Machining Sidework with our Tormach

We are swamped and need someone who knows how to set up parts on a mill and run them. Most of the programs are already written - it’s the set ups that take time. Couple hours a week during the day, night or weekend would help us out a lot! We’re in Richardson. .

Normally, I’d feel crass asking, but since that last group wanted to offer something unreasonably low I feel like I need to.

What’s the hourly rate?

1 Like

Not crass at all. I should have put in the note - hourly rate negotiable but we expect to pay around $25 per hour (we’ve seen $17 to $22 for full time). Slightly higher or lower depending upon experience. We had a fellow in a few years ago and we paid for his gas from the other side of Fort Worth.

Thomas

4 Likes

It should be mentioned that Tormach uses PathPilot - basically a conversational program to generate tool paths. I don’t remember if you can simply download gcode done in other software. Either way you’ll need some time to learn the controller to even just set the origins if you’re not already a Tormach user.

Our Tormach is almost a decade old and pre-dates the PathPilot. We use a Linux controller, formerly EMC2, not Linux CNC to control our Tormach. The controls are very simple and like I said, we have the programming down and have made thousands of parts. We need someone who knows how to set up a chunk of plastic or aluminum to be cut in a vise, workholder, or directly onto the table and then execute the programs.