Looking for Sewing training

Hello!

I recently joined and am looking to learn how to sew and embroider (with the computerized machine). Can someone please provide me with the necessary training? Happy to pay/provide snacks/equipment to the teacher.

Thank you!
Michael

I’m usually here late afternoons and weekends. I’m thinking Wednesday or later, as this weekend is a bit crazy. Do you already have any files?

1 Like

Hi Dryad2b, Wednesday would actually be great—planning to take the whole day off from work. As for files, no—I was hoping to begin with pre-set patterns and letters built into the machine.

Best,
Michael

2 Likes

Ummm – what time were you thinking?

I checked the room around 4:30 and 5:30 then left :frowning:, let’s reschedule this time with a specific time? I think I’m mostly free again after October 18th. We can do 6:30 or some other convenient time for you.

Yeah, that’ll work. Sometime specific in the next week, or after 10/18?

Would it be possible for me to hop in this as well? :smile:

This is going to be more of a brainstorming thing rather than a real training.

Brainstorming is fun especially if we learn how to use expensive equipment to safely make pretty stuff. I think the week of the 18th works a lot better for me but I’m open to something earlier if it isn’t on the weekends.

Best!
Michael

2 Likes

The week of the 18th is probably fine. Let’s chat again on the … 17th?

I’ll be without internet most of the day but aim to reply back around 10 pm :slight_smile:

Looking forward!

1 Like

Would love to take any opportunity that I can to learn and pick up tips and tricks! Might not be able to contribute to the brainstorming much, but I’m a great listener!

Hey guys I too am looking for some sewing training I have some equipment Bee suits that need mending The veil has torn in places on a few of them and they are expensive like 120 bucks new Basically, I need Someone to help show me how to Cut and sew some screen over the existing screen. The material edge is cotton and the screen is similar to that on a window I think cloth esq. I figure we could sew it on right over the old stuff as this is a function over fashion situation. Anything to keep costs down. Anyhoo, I know nothing of the sewing skill and would be willing to provide some real honey to whomever can assist me one evening fix these?

Tuesday? I should be here most of the afternoon and all of the evening. What time is good for you?