Looking for help getting Crea to work in Openframeworks on microsoft visual studio 2015

I have a question about Openframworks. I was hoping to find some help getting Crea- a projection mapping software to open using openframeworks through Microsoft visual studio 2015. Anyone who knows C++ would probably know something about why it’s giving me these error messages

No idea about the SDK’s you’re using, but…

The first two errors are probably the cause of all of your errors. It’s failing to include two header files. In your project setup, there’s a place where you define include directories. I am guessing the SDK that has these header files is not in there and needs to be.

2 Likes

I believe I’m using all the correct directories but for some reason it’s still giving me the error. I’ve spent a lot of time experimenting and still won’t work. I’ve reduced the errors from 200 to 38 so I think I’m on the right track but still can’t get the rest to go away

Is “vmo.h” and “help.h” in the directories you included? Does line 44 and 45 of “ofApp.h” include it like this:

#include "vmo.h"
#include "help.h"

or

#include <vmo.h>
#include <help.h>

If it uses the quotes, it’s looking in the current directory (same directory as “ofApp.h”). If it uses the less-than/greater-than, it’s looking at “system” include directories (which is configured in the project as additional include directory).

It’s possible it’s part of a 3rd party SDK you’d have to install or something that could be configured out etc. C/C++ cross platform project management is a tricky beast.

This is what it looks like configuring the additional include directories in 2012 (sorry, no 2015 here, just 2005, 2008, 2010, and 2012…and I refuse to install another version! :slight_smile:):

At this point I’d be willing to pay you to help me get this to work. I’m not a programmer so I really have no idea what I’m doing but I need to get it to work ASAP for an event coming up

I’m personally not interested in contracting etc. (I have too many things I want to do at any given moment).

Just FWIW, I wasn’t able to successfully Google what “Crea” even was to potentially give better pointers.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help anyways. You just have to google crea openframeworks and you will find some videos and you can download it from GitHub so that should pull up. Has a read me and everything. I will have to find someone else who knows why it won’t run. If you know anyone you could recommend that would also be helpful

I don’t know about the subject either… But, I would like to suggest that if you are willing to pay someone to help you, that you update the subject with something like, “Will pay for help…” (instead of looking for help…); and, move it to the Off-Topic -> Job Listing category: https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/c/off-topic/job-listings

Ah, at least I could find it on github then. The errors you’re seeing are explained on their README.md at https://github.com/fabiaserra/crea:

In order to be able to use the Gesture Follower feature this line has to be uncommented:

// include gesture follower files (you need to have vmo.cpp, vmo.h, helper.cpp and helper.h in src)
#define GESTURE_FOLLOWER

That said, I have no idea if you NEED the “Gesture Follower feature” and if you do where you’re supposed to get the 4 files mentioned (vmo.h/cpp, and helper.h/cpp).

1 Like

https://youtu.be/dIfpTrUCU-c Got it to work :wink: thanks for the help!

3 Likes