Only Three Tables Left for 2017 Makermade Tables at DMS!

I got the form but I can t seem to fill it out! What am I oing wrong

Print it out and fill it out.

It isnā€™t an interactive form.

Adobe Reader versions since X (if I recall properly) have the ā€œread & fillā€ feature, so you can still fill them out in Readerā€¦

2 Likes

Then I will have to wait until I get to the space tomorrow nithg
No printer at home, I gave up on them they never last more than a couple of months

I wish I knew how to do that, I HATE being so comper stupid

1 Like

Hey cut yourself some slack. Youā€™re communicating to hundreds of others via a screen. Youā€™re doing a-ok if you ask me. If you want to learn more ask anyone around the space. Identify one thing that frustrates you and someone will help you Iā€™m sure.

Itā€™s just a form - no biggie. :wink:

2 Likes

It is so frustrating for me! I can t even find the pictures that my hubby
downloaded to the new computer from his hard drive when he had them backed ut
Well I can find them but I cant figure hout how to ost oen

Building on Stephenieā€™s suggestion, would we want to have a Makerspace table? I would volunteer to staff it.

Hereā€™s how it would work (by analogy). I belong to a group where they have a ā€œGallery of the Guildā€ booth at major shows. People who have just one or two items to sell display that item but they do not sit at that table. The artisan sets the price for their item, a person from ā€œthe Guildā€ handles all the transactions, and then the artisan is paid for any of their items that sell. This broadens the participation to people who might have an item or two but not enough to justify a table, or who canā€™t be there on that date.

I donā€™t have anything to sell, but I would volunteer to staff that ā€œtableā€ if we want to do it. I realize we would have to work out details of how to take in the money and get it back to the right person ā€¦ perhaps a check made out directly to the artist so the funds donā€™t have to go through DMS?

3 Likes

It is a well known fact that people sho accept credit/debit cards do better sales than those who donā€™t. It would be a good idea to add whether you take CCs (paypal/Square) on the online profile/pictures @Photomancer spoke of.

3 Likes

There isnā€™t an easy way to separate out electronic payments. Each kiosk is committee specific. Braintree dumps into our general fund or a committee (if it working correctly). Because we need to keep the Fellowship donations separate: cash, check.money order. Do not want to get into a lot of manual transaction within QBO to reallocate/move funds around.

1 Like

sorry, wasnā€™t implying DMS transactions, only the artistā€™s personal transactions.

2 Likes

DMS has nothing to do with the vendorsā€™ transactions.

2 Likes

I dropped my form and money in the finance box.

1 Like

I am repeating what David K has said.

DMS is hosting the Maker Fair.

Except for rent payments for tables, DMS has NOTHING to do with exchanging money at the Fair.

Each vendor will manage money for sales at their table(s). There is no centralized cashier. That also means vendors should bring enough cash to make change for their customers. Bags or boxes and packing material too.

If you are new to selling, it is easy to use Square or PayPal to accept credit cards. Also, pretty quick to get setup. If anyone has questions about this, please PM me.

2 Likes

I thought I remember reading we are charging a percentage of sales to raise money for the freebie memberships.

It was decided, which I pushed strongly, to keep it simple: just collect rent for the vendor spaces. This keeps DMS out of the sales stream and any involvement with sales tax, processing fees, etc. No issues of ā€œdid they report all their sales?ā€

This makes it very easy to keep track of monies taken in and not co-mingled with other DMS electronic payments coming through DMS. Those vendor transactions would have to be dealt with separately. The money collected is for the Maker Fellowship Fund so the money does not technically belong to DMS - it will be deposited with DMS with will hold it for benefit of the MFF. When fellowships are awarded, money is transferred on the books to DMS,

Keeps everything separate and traceable.

5 Likes

I dropped my application and check in the finance box.

3 Likes

Sue, SROriginals dropped hers in the box on Thurs night

She is about to go out of town to a show and to visit her Mom in Ark for
a week so she is limiting her computer time

I should have mine to give you tomorrow, before the dinner

1 Like

Just dropped the application in the finance committee box, let me know if there is anything else, should be fun.

4 Likes

Current attendees. One more asked of application. Hereā€™s the direct link

See below for Update

4 Likes