Looking for a source for product labels

Please select the most appropriate category for any new threads. Thank you!

:bulb: NOTE: New threads created as "uncategorized" will not show up on the list of "recent" topics. If you want to be sure that your thread is seen in the list of "recent" topics, it must be added to a specific category or sub-category. Please select the one most appropriate for the topic you are creating. This will also make it easier for members to locate the thread at a later date by browsing through the category associated with the subject of your thread. Thanks!

I am looking to make a nice vinyl printed overlay for some electronic products I am working on. Any suggestions? Ink jet paper labels just won;t do. Thanks

If you are wanting custom labels I can produce them for you for money. If you are looking to print on vinyl at DMS you might type dye sublimation to vinyl and cut it on the vinyl cutter. Good luck with your project.

It depends on what your finished product looks like.

In addition to vinyl, you may want to consider:

1. silkscreening
  2. water-slide decal with a protective coating
  3. laser etching
  4. engraving with the Shapeoko

Check out TE 325-LM Labels that are sold at Mouser.com and many of the office supply stores. They are a white polyester film label material that can be printed using a laser or ink jet printer. They are expensive at about $5 per 8 1/2" x 11" sheet. To see this label material go to the DMS Machine Shop and look at the Sherline Lathe, the one with the bare aluminum electronics box attached. I used this exact material to make the labels on this equipment. Print and cut to size. The same vendor also makes sheets of Pre-Cut Labels using the same material. There, now you have a professional looking piece of equipment!

Great idea for the interim. I will give it a spin.

Thanks so much
Rick

1 Like