Looking for a lift sign off / discussion

Hi

@Bizwacky , I’m looking to get a sign off for the lift, is it ok to show up on Thursdays before your meeting or after?

Also need to discuss (and some other stuff not mentioned):

I came in last Thursday to get access to the building and the individual who helped me seemed ok until a couple of incidents and his demeanor toward the end has since given me pause; and so I need to note:

If I come to the space to work on my car, I expect people to be respectful and not be intrusive or disruptive. No menacing or unsolicited opinions.

I observed this individual take a piece of property off my car without asking and I watched him walk away with it. When he came back I asked him about it, then I had to instruct him to put it back. That was a huge red flag

I had a couple of spare parts in my car to which he claimed they were no good and stated he could throw them away for me (as he’s holding them) to which I replied I’ll take care of my own stuff. Those parts in my car were purchased years ago by myself, and were never used, but that doesn’t make them bad.

Never having been here before, I dont know how you all treat each other, but I feel I have to declare that no one is allowed to remove anything from my car or touch my car, only I service my car. I have LOTS of stuff in there that are for various projects. I also have a lot of my own tools, hardware, etc., and I don’t want anyone taking anything without asking my permission.

thank you

Wow, just wow.

Can you describe the individual?

And yes, WoW, really odd.

Welcome to the Makerspace!

Hi and welcome to the Makerspace!

There’s a bit too much to address in one post but on behalf of the automotive committee I’d like to apologize. That’s no way for someone to treat another member and I’d like to see that it gets addressed.

To answer your question, yes you can expect to work on your project and not be harassed/accosted etc. The space-wide rule is “Be Excellent to Each Other” and that absolutely applies in automotive.

Not that you should have to, but “Leave me alone” and “Don’t touch my shit” are 100% reasonable requests that everyone needs to respect. Not that you should have to be on your guard every time you’re in the space.

For what it’s worth I’ve also encountered the occasional person without A+ social graces. The vast majority of people around the space and automotive are positive, constructive and friendly folks. I hope you’ll give us another chance.

If you’re comfortable, please pm the automotive chair Sam @sixshot357 , or myself (co-chair). I’d like to know more about this interaction so we can find a constructive resolution.

2 Likes

@blue please post the date and rough time this happened. This is considered theft and cameras can be checked to see who this was. Also what car were you working on?