Location of leather snaps/buttons in CA

Before I go digging through the boxes, does anyone know off the top of their head where a snap might be and the setting tool to install it?

This question expires about noon on Monday May 1 as I will have looked through them all by then.

Did you take the Intro to Leatherworking class?

Why is this always the first response from an insider to an outsider who dares to ask a question?

Yes, I took the intro to leather working class. I also took the wood shop class, the laser class, and the vinyl cutter class. Plus, I now know how to make buttons in two sizes and with magnets. I’ve been cleared to use the sewing machines.

You know what class I’ve never taken? The wide-format printer class. That’s because in the four months I was a member, it was never offered. Gratefully another member helped me print the one photo I made. But you know what? When I talked about making that print, the chairperson messaged me asking if I’d taken the printing class. Which of course was impossible given it wasn’t offered, but still, she had to ask.

Ya’ll. Really. Find a way to make the place friendlier. Please. I’m not the only person who dares to ask a question that gets the do-you-have-permission response. It happens on Talk all the time. Maybe the new default should be that the person asking is working with good intentions?

1 Like

@apparently_weird @bitta @coloneldan @Webdevel Also a woman named Francesca (I don’t know her name on talk) Have an understanding of the organization of the cabinet. I believe they were in container store clear containers with dividers but I’m not sure the actual location.

1 Like

“Insider” in regard to me is laughable, but enjoy your conspiracies. The hardware is (or was last time I looked) in clearly marked containers inside clearly marked cabinets that were pointed out to me when I took leather basics.

You’re talking about your membership in the past tense while asking where stuff is, which could raise even more questions…

3 Likes

I haven’t looked in the supply closet nor used any of the tools or supplies
for a number of months so I’m not going to be much help.

1 Like

All found. Thanks. 12345

1 Like

Glad you found what you were looking for. People only ask about class attendance because such things are normally pointed out in classes, and most of the leather tools must be replaced if broken rather than repaired. I’m sure no harm was meant.

8 Likes

Where the hardware like snaps are stored wasn’t covered, and as someone said, things have been moved around a bit.

Paid up until May 9. Well past out of there emotionally, though. Hence the verb tense confusion.

I’ll stand my ground on the idea that “are you allowed to touch that” needs to be way down the list of questions when responding to a request for help on a tool or area.

Instead of starting with, “Before I go digging through boxes,” maybe if you had started with, “Maybe I should know this, since I had the training, but I can’t remember …”

Or maybe the new default should be, “Maybe this other member is just poking a little fun and isn’t trying to call my integrity into question.”

shaking my head

I’m done. Done done done done done.

Don’t forget to post a pic of your project to the May show and tell thread!

2 Likes

As long as it is before May 9th 11:59:59 p.m.

3 Likes

Hey before I go digging around, can you tell me where the equipment to weld a broken woodshop band saw blade is? And don’t ask if I’ve taken woodshop basics or I’ll get offended.

I’ll have to punt along to @Team_Metal_Shop as I don’t do much metal work. Then they can ask if you have taken welding basics :–)

1 Like

Hey y’all… I know you guys are just farting around; but, really you are just further driving the point that an innocent request can turn into a mess. The original question has been resolved; and, none of the recent posts have added anything informative or helpful in any way, so I’m going to close this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed in positive and helpful ways.

5 Likes