LK-99 superconductor

Just ran across this video in my YouTube feed. It will be interesting to see it pan out. Certainly would make a lot of change if it holds true.

1 Like

We’ve been discussing it in discord, doesn’t look like it’s going to hold up. I’m no scientist tho!

Recent posts to SlashDot

Magic wands and foo foo dust. AI to the rescue…

1 Like

This feels like an episode of “The Big Bang Theory”

Or room temperature fusion 2.0

Looks like to me they got pushed by someone to rush the paper out, probably over patent concerns.

Might be something to it - the conductivity curves look interesting. It could be just a matter if getting a pure enough sample to test.

Also, it’s ceramic. So no wires with this iteration. I recall there have been ceramic superconductors tested as a coating on ductile material such as copper. That might be a path forward if the material proves out.

One of the videos showing them attempting to demonstrate the Meisner effect with LK-99 plated onto copper is pretty clearly a basic eddy current demo. Works fine with just the copper, so that does not look good for them. They should know better.

1 Like

Give it a couple weeks to get through the peer review process. If it works we’ll attempt to make some at DMS.

3 Likes

https://www.science.org/content/article/short-spectacular-life-viral-room-temperature-superconductivity-claim

Betting markets not looking good for lk-99 reproducibility

1 Like
1 Like