Lightburn scaling

I tried using lightburn for the first time today. So I had a 3 in x 3 in svg that when I imported it, took up about 1/4 the bed size. There were numbers listed on the top for width and height but no units.

Why did lightburn import my svg so large and how to I display the units on the width/height display? Better yet, how do I set the width/height fields to inches?

@LightBurn

LightBurn defaults to mm, and the units aren’t displayed to conserve window space. You can change them to inches in the settings.

As for why your SVG imported larger than expected, I’m not sure - it’s been quite well behaved in that regard. What was the SVG exported from?

It was an Inkscape SVG.

If he drew it 3 inches but LightBurn defaulted to mm, then it should have printed smaller at about ~0.118" shouldn’t it?

SVGs are stored in real units (typically “points”, or 1/72 of an inch). There have occasionally been issues with some packages not saving the viewBox attribute, but InkScape files haven’t been an issue before. If you send the file to us at developer at LightBurnSoftware.com we’ll take a look. Which version are you running? (We’re up to 0.7.01 at this point)

1 Like

I am not at the makerspace at the moment, so I cannot verify the version number. Perhaps someone else in laser can tell us?

Love that customer service! I really like the software too, of all the laser software I’ve tried, LightBurn is my fave.:metal::mage::dragon::fire:

I’m not at the space either, but the one on the jump server is 0.6.05 FWIW which I guess isn’t much since no one is lasering via the jump server.

2 Likes

Tagging @StanSimmons.

The version currently installed is 0.6.05.

I’m upgrading to 0.7.01 tonight.

3 Likes

I’m having some licensing issues during the upgrade to 0.7.01. LightBurn support is working the issue. The three Design computers are the only ones I’ve touched tonight.

2 Likes

@StanSimmons update?