Lightburn Practice

In the class I remember something about a version of lightburn we could log into and practice before we went to the space. Does anyone know how to find it?

Thanks
Ron

1 Like

You can access lightburn on the Jump Server to either practice or set up your file before heading to the lasers - it is highly recommended to setup your file in this way before using the Laser computers, to reduce the amount of time you’re taking up the laser.

You can also get a discount on Lightburn if you want to get a license for yourself
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/lightburn-discount-codes-available-for-dms-members/83712/6

2 Likes

Hello! I’m trying to get acquainted with lightburn. What login would I use to get onto the jump server. I tried both my DMS and my talk logins. Neither are working for me.

It’s just going to be your DMS username and password. You may need to put “dms\” before it, like “dms\skyspook”.

Got it thank you so much!

1 Like

Setting up a copy of Lightburn purchased with DMS discount (thanks!) and first thing is to set up a device. The devices are listed by controller, not laser type.

Which controller should I select for our lasers? Or can I go and grab some predefined profiles from TBD location on DMS network?

Also, if I bring my laptop to DMS and connect to the network, can I connect directly to the machine and run the job from my Lightburn copy? Or do all jobs need to be run from a Lightburn install on a DMS PC?

We use a Ruida controller. Regular sized beds are 600mm x 900mm I believe. You will not be able to connect to the laser from your laptop and will need to use your file on one of the control computers.

1 Like

What is the origin of the Thunder Nova? I was thinking rear, left?

Correct! (and some characters)

1 Like

Can we still get a copy of Lightburn for our personal computer at a discount? I want to set up all my files before coming into the shop but I cant find a working link to purchase a copy for myself.