Lift Training Requests (week of 2021-03-08)

I searched for lift training, and I landed here. Is there a specific time / date to receive lift training? I’m usually in the shop at night, and I’ve never found anyone that can do it.

Just have to ask here since classes aren’t regular.

I can probably catch you sometime in an evening later this week or next week. Other instructors include @worldcloud @dallasmagna

Typically Chuck (@dallasmagna ) will do them when motorsports meets up.

I see one on 18MAR2021 @ 1800 CST.

I’ll just keep asking around the shop at night, might get lucky that way. If not I’ll catch the motorsports committee meeting.

@hon1nbo I can do any night this week after 1800 if you can swing it. No worries if not.

Generally motorsports works on the race car every Thursday, if you hang out at the lift after 6 you can often find someone to sign you off. Otherwise, I’m sure one of us can do it either before or after the committee meeting on the 18th.

I also searched car lift classes and it brought me here. Would it be possible for someone to train me on how to use the lift tomorrow evening?

Sorry everyone I’ve been a bit out of it. I’m splitting off the lift training here to another thread and I’m going to put up a poll on times.

Here’s what I can do through Sunday; as a reminder Motorsports can often do trainings as well.

Good times for Training
  • Wednesday 6-8pm
  • Wednesday 8-10pm
  • Wednesday 10pm-12am
  • Thursday 6-8pm
  • Thursday 8-10pm
  • Thursday 10pm-12am
  • Friday 6-8pm
  • Sunday 2-4pm
  • Sunday 4-6pm
  • Sunday 6-8pm
  • Sunday 8-10pm

0 voters

Seems this would be the ideal time if that is a regular thing. I assume that is Motorsport’s carbon hood with the Makerspace logo on it, and the 4 banger with the blown block? Not sure what engine that is.

Yup, we have two hoods as Champ doesn’t allow the carbon fiber, and it’s a KA24DE out of our 240SX. The Thursday workday is pretty regular. Attendance varies with availability and how much there is to get done.

I’d be interested to see what goes into an endurance engine. Dropping ECT in my car 10 degrees F is proving to be quite a project, can’t imagine what it takes to beat a car for 16 hours.

So far, it seems like you just accept that the motor has a lifespan of maybe a dozen races.

1 Like

I’m good with either Wednesday or Thursday after 8pm.

BTW, the KA24DE is a stout engine and has extremely great potential. Iron block with oil squirters to cool the pistons, punchy torque curve.

I wasn’t able to find a time that works with more than one person, and I can’t do multiple sessions this week. I’ll be around starting at 8pm Thursday. Motorsports may be able to train people and if they’re not on the lift then I can do some trainings.

Great! I’ll be there around 8pm tonight

Forgot to add: the lift class is $20 one time (paid to the committee. Cash into a drop box or a paypal link)