Lewisville high school is searching for a 3D/ceramics teacher (gasp, that’s me!)

I’ve switched up my job a bit and I’m hanging up the apron strings. This all happened last week and the time to find someone qualified is now.

I’ll still be at the school blah blah blah doesn’t matter……
If you have your teaching credentials and want to get into a studio like setting with 90 minute classes with seniors/juniors this is your time. Good kids, kids with stories, kids who need you, step up and be the type of person who fights for a better day by investing energy forward.

It’s a wonderful job. I think I’ve lost my mind to jump out of it.

We don’t have the budget to support a throwing program so it’s been handbuilding. New kiln and new pug mill on the way (you’re welcome).

Other positions they are searching for.
ROTC Senior Instructor
Art Teacher
Any Core or CTE/Head Cheer Sponsor
Any Core or CTE/Girls Varsity Soccer Asst
ESL Classroom Assistant
ALS/AVLS/FLS Classroom Assistant
Security

Ps I’ll be reaching out to some of you about my new position and likely asking for coaches and mentors who want to help guide entrepreneurial kids in a real world shark tank “like” experience. More on that later….

Come work with me. I’ll bring candy.

6 Likes

Has the ceramics teacher or art teacher position been filled? Can one apply for the position with a BFA? Or is master’s required?

Please let me know, thank you

They filled the position REALLY fast (under a week) by shifting a position already in the school over to the opening.
Right now several school districts are allowing teaching without “a certificate” but Lewisville ISD isn’t one of them. A bachelors (and a wicked sense of humor) is all you need to teach high school- a masters will give you a moderate bump in pay - a PhD will give you a truly pathetic bump in pay.

I know several school districts are still looking to fill positions. TEA has a state-wide search engine for positions.