Let’s Get Together

Love it Judy… I’m not creative like that lol.
I will bring my grill so folks can throw something on it if they dont care for brisket.

2 Likes

I’ll work on a poster design.

@Scott_Blevins - you still down for bringing your new grilling rig?

We also need the craft brewmeisters…

2 Likes

My pit don’t travel too easily. It weighs 600-800 lbs. and I don’t own a truck/trailer or a winch.

But otherwise, I’m happy to help if peoples can get it there and back again.

Lol. My smoker will not be coming…its heavy like Scotts. It hasn’t seen highway since 2004. My Weber will be there though for folks to use.

1 Like

Hmm…why doesn’t DMS have it’s own on-premises Bbq smoker?

Sounds like a helluva DMS bonding oppty…literally, via a Plasma and MIG torch.

Paging Metalshop

Paging Machineshop

My skills in these two areas suck, but I am a huge BBQ enthusiast, and can provide solid design input based on my time bonding with folks on the competitive bbq circuit.

This.Should.Happen.

1 Like

I know you were tongue-in-cheek, but the answer is largely because of the health code restrictions. But it would be fun to have …

2 Likes

What health code restrictions?

We talked about building a wood fired pizza oven at one point. But concerns over storage and the ability to leave things in the back parking lot kept it from happening. :wink:

1 Like

Two issues. One is that our lease prohibits cooking. And the other is that if your establishment is serving food to people then you must comply with all the building and health code requirements for Food Service Establishments - many of which we don’t meet.

5 Likes

Okay I understand the Lease restriction.

Many fire departments have their own bbq pits on-prem. Hard to believe they are required to meet city health and food code standards.

Oh well…

I like this water gun and water balloon idea…
Better look out @yashsedai :rofl:

Hope to be there but uncertain at this time.

2 Likes

I was thinking also public parks and the like. Seems like a weird rule. The lease restriction makes sense though.

1 Like

If there is one thing people who know me can say about me, it’s that I rarely take no for an answer.

If that means cuddling up to the fire marshal, and the Lessor and anyone else related to the Carrollton regulations, and woo them with the promise of pork and beef smoked goodness, if that buys me an official proclamation to get a barbecue pit built, by God I am not too proud to try it.

:wink:

3 Likes

This is news to me; considering we have hot plates, a charcoal grill, microwaves, etc.

Is none of that considered “cooking?”

3 Likes

I am changing my BoD platform to be single issue: DMS BBQ Smoker Approval

Kinda kidding…

Kinda.

:laughing:

4 Likes

Not saying I agree but it is very restrictive. Mentions of cooking in the lease:

1. No cooking shall be done or permitted on the Premises, except that Underwriters’ Laboratory approved microwave ovens or equipment for brewing coffee, tea, hot chocolate and similar beverages shall be permitted, provided that such equipment and use is in accordance with all applicable federal, state and city laws, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations.

WHAT NO HOTPOCKETS?! :wink:

2 Likes

Microwave? How do you cook yours?

2 Likes

Blowtorch? Wait, can we have those?

1 Like

Pandora’s box has been opened

1 Like