Leatherworking Basics Class

The first Leatherworking Basics class is being held Saturday, September 24th at 3pm with more to come.

Due to the addition of a training requirement for general use access to the leatherworking tools and supplies at DMS, we have created this overview class to explain some of the safety requirements and general expectations regarding use. Even if you have taken a class or two in leatherworking at DMS, please consider taking this class as there are expectations of responsible use and care of which you may not have been made aware in class or have long since forgotten.

To clarify, we are thrilled with the expansion of leatherworking at DMS due to the strong support of CA in addition to increased member interest. We are not wanting to restrict the use of our tools and consumables as much as we are seeking to make sure they are being employed appropriately and safely and with consideration for others. If our consumables get used irresponsibly and our tools are needlessly broken or damaged, then we will be forever replacing things instead of further expanding our program. We have had some great classes lately and we want to see that continue and grow with materials and equipment that the space is able to provide rather than instructors having to supply their personal tools and leather for classes. So, please help us take care of the things we have.

4 Likes

@bitta - I took the Laser and Leather class this weekend. I LOVED it. I was hoping to take Leather Basics soon. I don’t see anything on the events page. Is there anything in the works for another class?

1 Like

Should be showing up on the calendar on Saturday, March 4th.

2 Likes

For some reason I’m not seeing it.

I’m not seeing it either. And I was really looking hard! I’m logged in and everything.

I’ll plan to attend. But I hope I don’t get locked out of a sign-up because I can’t see the event.

My guess is that she just submitted it, and that it will be a couple of days before it shows up. @bitta or maybe @StanSimmons can probably give us a better idea of when the class will be live on the calendar… :slight_smile:

1 Like