Leather Sale Round 2: Saturday, 13 June 2020 9am-10am

I’m planning a 2nd round of leather selling for Saturday, 13 June, but doing it earlier in the day as the heat was pretty brutal last time around. Some slots are already filled from the 1st Round Waiting List, but I have about 8 slots starting at 9:00am available. I don’t plan to schedule folks past 10am, since I am unsure how many hides will be left at that point.

SIGNUPS

I’m doing this first come-first served on time slots: 2-3 people every 15 minutes to avoid crowding and allow the observance of social distancing.

IF YOU WANT TO SIGN UP

PM me back with your cell number and your time preference (if any). If you have no preference or your requested time is full, I’ll assign the earliest available slot.

If you plan on bringing someone with you, please let me know so I can manage the social distancing headcount.

WHAT’S AVAILABLE

Limit of three rolls per person. A roll is $30, as I don’t think there are any “large” rolls left at this point.

We still have perhaps 40 rolls of leather with from one or perhaps two (or more) hides on each roll. The colors are light brown (cream/tan/buff) and cooler light greys (off white/putty/taupe). There is one box with multiple rolls of a single putty grey color (think classic IBM PC case) if you have a larger project in mind.

Some have a smooth, matt finish, some are a more bumpy/pebbly matt finish. No shiny, patent-leather smooth, though.

There were few dark colors to start with, and there is likely NOT any chocolate/blue/black/other dark colors left (though I can’t rule out one hiding at the bottom of the pile that never got looked at).

Before the sale, Dan may be picking up some more “ultrahide” vinyl (great for designing rough drafts of a custom item before cutting into the leather) and some other items (carpet, samples, etc.) Donations (but no fixed price) will be accepted for these.

ON SATURDAY

Please wear a mask. Please bring cash and exact change. The cost is $30 each - no change given, so any excess will be considered a donation.

Call or text me if any complications arise.

The address is:
CubeSmart Storage
2444 Luna Rd (NW corner just north of the intersection),
Carrollton, TX 75006
You can turn in at the gas station on the corner or at the Jack In The Box entrance.

Please show up on time/slightly early, but showing up way early will probably mean I’ll just ask you to wait til your time slot so we can avoid overcrowding.

I’ll text you the gate code on Saturday morning once I am on site. The keypad for entry is on the left as you approach the building from the south. When leaving, there is a second keypad inside the secure area at the exit gate which you can access by driving on around the building clockwise. It’s not visible until you make the final turn, but it’s there.

3 Likes

If he’s able to snag that corian and those metal samples I’d be glad to come out and donate for those.

Edit- PM sent

I’ll also post up here so everyone will know, but I’ll let you know what I get.

3 Likes

You might be able to get corian??? I’ll be watching this thread then because I would love some corian.

All, I’m planning to pick up the remaining donation boxes etc from Gulfstream tomorrow at lunch. I will then bring it to the storage facility described here at 8:00AM ish. I’ll stay untill 10:00AM with Mike. If you want any/all of the materials in these pictures please come out to the facility. I’m going to park a little ways distant from Mike so we can maintain social distancing. Please do wear a mask and if a bunch of people show we’ll set the boxes out so everyone can get some. We’re going to play this a little by ear.

As before I don’t know exactly what is in the boxes but I believe there is some corian, ultra leather (synthetic), carpet and possibly fabric.

I will know tomorrow more about what is in the boxes and will post pictures as I can.

I’d like to see all of this stuff go to a good home. There will be no cost for any of this but a donation to DMS would be welcome. Pay what you will to help the leather sig. I really just don’t want it to go into the landfill.

3 Likes

As of 3:20pm on Thursday, I have only one slot available. If you’re on the fence about coming, it’s time to decide.

PM me if you’re interested.

Below are some pictures of the boxes and rolls I picked up at noon. It is a full pickup full of stuff.
There is a little corian, some pieces of what looks like linoleum or some other imitation wood laminate, leather samples, lots of carpet samples, lots of upholstery fabric, lots of ultraleather (synthetic in mostly pink shades, but very nice stuff. That’s the big boxes on the truck) and one large roll of upholstery yarn.
There are also what appear to be small 1x1 inch square pieces of metal in a bag and some pieces of plexiglass several with wood embedded in it.

Please come and take what you can use. A donation to DMS is not expected but appreciated.
I just don’t want to haul it away. I’m going to be there at 8:00AM and first come first serve. The only thing I’m going to ration is the corian as I’ve had several people express and interest in it.

4 Likes

Those boxes that say “Dove Pink”, and “English Rose” – are those fabric? Or… carpet…

edit nevermind – you say it’s ultraleather up above.

Neither they are ultra leather. They are synthetic leather but they are beautiful.

1 Like

i have an 8am slot with mike, im interested in some of the pink leather boxes and can donate for them as well. see yall tomorrow!

See you tomorrow.

Dan

If anyone wants to trade some hides I made out like a bandit but would like to trade for some darker colors

Go get yourself some “stuff” from Mike and Dan. You won’t regret it.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone that came out to help with the leather purchases and the other stuff and your donations. You’ve really made a difference for the Makerspace. I don’t know the final total today, as Mike was the keeper of the donations, but I know it was over $2000. There are still about 20-25 rolls of various leathers remaining and I believe Mike plans to hold another sale day in a couple of weeks. (I’m sure he’ll let everyone know the details if he does it.) We talked about reducing the cost of the rolls so we could sell all of them, too.

Finally, I wanted to offer up a couple of more rolls of carpet. According to the lady at Gulfstream this carpet cost $8000 retail. It is large. I’ll go get it if someone is willing to make a donation to DMS for it.
The first pic is the pattern and color. The second shows the size. There are two rolls one large and one small.

One (1) Each - Size: 1’ 6” x 18’
One (1) Each - Size: 8’ x 29’

If you’re interested please let me know and I’ll make arrangements to get it. 8’x29’ is a very large roll of carpet. It is brand new I think and beautiful.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in the carpet, what donation do you think would be appropriate? PM me if you’d rather.

I have that lighter not-quite putty if you want to swap - scroll up for a picture. Lemme know. I realize it’s a very neutral color without much complexity behind it but it’s good times for lots of bits and pieces.

You both are so wonderful for facilitating this!