Last Mouser Catalog?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the DMS has the last parts catalog that Mouser printed (I believe they told me 2020 was the last year they printed them?)

Even if out of date, I find paper catalogs so much easier to browse for items related to a project being worked on, and maybe find something you didn’t know was available, whereas the online catalog is better when you know what you need, or know what terms to use when searching for something specific.

If so, where is it / are they kept? I checked the visible areas in Electronics late Sunday, but didn’t find anything, and didn’t want to open unlabeled cabinets/drawers with first having had a guided tour of that particular Department.

If not, does anyone have one from say, the last 5 years or so that they could donate to the 'Space (if other would find it as useful as I would)

PS: Same q for Jameco and Digi-Key.

Regards,
McFlyDallas
aka David M.

I know at one time we had one because I looked through it, but that’s been quite a few years 2019 maybe. I wouldn’t be surprised if we had the 2020 catalog.

I’ve found mouser’s web search function better than most personally.

Doubt what we have is 2020 - more likely ~2015.
Check the wire shelves in the corner to your left as you enter the ELab.
If not there, check inside the cabinet next to the wire shelves.

2 Likes

Would the PDF of the catalog work for you?

Mouser still has PDF downloads… same format as the printed catalog so it’s easy to find similar parts / specs. (Also searchable, and has links to the site page)

https://www.mouser.com/CatalogRequest/CatalogDownloads.aspx

No, not as much as one would think.
It is more helpful than their standard drop-down search and refine, but sorely lacks all the intangibles that define being able to flip through the pages and stop when something catches your eye.
Plus, any computer trying to render a 1000+ page book of images, text and diagrams is going to be a thousand times slower than the human needing the random info found on those pages.