Last Minute Cancellations and No Shows- Common Courtesy

We’ll be looking at some of this as we work on the calendar

2 Likes

Right now the Calendar refunds money when a person cancels. You can effectively charge late cancellers by putting your “last cancellation time” out a couple of days. The drawback to that is that, if they can’t cancel, nobody else can sign up.

Interesting topic. It should be noted that our teachers talk among each other. we know those likely to no-show, or who have a reputation for being disruptive or generally just jerks. My method for this has been to make all my classes teacher approval required - with the special note that if someone no-shows without it being an emergency they will get moved to the bottom of standby on any future class offerings (that’s a way of saying never since it will always fill up ahead of them). It also gives me an way of keeping people I don’t want in my class out. It has worked so far and all my classes go smoothly. People sometimes need to cancel and that’s why we set up a cancellation window. People that make use of the cancellation process are always welcome to take it at another time and someone can usually take the spot. Bottom line - be adults. if you commit to show up then show! or at least let us know.
cheers!

5 Likes

I kind of like that. It gives the attendees a feeling like their getting paid (even though it’s their money to start with) but would the instructor have already received that money? Because if not then that’s coming out of their pocket. Not cool.

But “Thre strikes, heads on pikes” has such a ring to it. :laughing:

2 Likes