Laser Help Urgent

Hi. My name is Raul.

I am finishing a memory box for my granddaughter and I need to engrave the top. I am new to Dallas Makerspace and have not been able to take the laser class . Since her birthday is this Saturday, August 22. I would be very greatfull if one of you could help me. The figure is ready to import into lightburn and it is about 7” x 7”.

I WOULD BE HAPPY TO PAY FOR THE ASSISTANCE. I am now at Dallas Makerspace, (Tursday 20th )and will e here all day and all night if necessary. Same for tomorrow, Friday 21st.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you could help me.

Thank you!

You can take the class online at: Dallas Makerspace: Log in to the site

Also, I think the Laser committee is having their Meeting/Office hours tonight [7-9PM]. They should also be able to help you [take the online class first]. Make sure to bring some “scrap” material to test on, finding the correct speed & power settings is a bit of trial and error.

2 Likes

I’m running a laser office hours tonight. I highly recommend taking the online class first if you can. It’s at learn.dallasmakerspace.org. Bring some extra wood if you can, if you don’t have scrap wood I probably have some scrap wood that we can use. You’re going to want to make at least one test piece before engraving the memory box.

Thank you Julie, I will be there. I have some scrap wood but nothing big but it can give an idea of the wood tolerance.

I am now at the Dallas Makerspace and will take the class meanwhile.

At what time should I be here to see you?

Thanks again!

These are on our class/event calendar: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/

Keeping an eye on it, and here on TALK, every few days r so is one of the very best ways to get up to speed here and be tuned into what’s going on around the place and various committees/areas you may be interested in

Thank you so much! Will do,

1 Like

Hi Julie. Just to let you know, I am here at DMS at the laser area. My number is 972.999.6086.

I will try to find you to introduce myself or if you prefer it let me know if I should just wait for your call. BTW - I already completed the basic training on line

Thank you again