Laser FusionPro Computer Complications

I was working on the Fusion laser this evening and noticed a few things and was wondering if anyone had any information for me about them. @Team_Laser

1. Someone did something that messed with the default paper size of the epilog engraver. I don’t know who or what they did, but my 4" little design when it was loaded into the dashboard had blown up to be bigger than the bed of the epilog (20"x32"), and was cropped about 50% of the way down and 60% of the way across. (The cropped area was still larger than the entire bed). Who messed with those settings that caused the issue and is there a way we could please revert it?

2. Someone wipred all of the material settings that the library had to offer. It’s completely empty except for 2-layer engraving plastic settings now. I don’t know how it happened or when, but they were useful and now either need to be rebuilt by hand or restored if possible.

3. Does that computer have something that wipes members accounts on it? I logged into my personal account on there to retrieve a file that I’d saved, and noticed that everything had been wiped. My desktop was clear, my documents folder was clear… anyone know what happened there and if there’s a way to prevent it?

I can’t speak for the first two but can speak to this

While I know of no scheduled task. it is entirely possible this is done via scheduled task. I’ll have a look. Also, for your own sanity, please do not store personal files on any computer’s desktop at DMS. They are subject to removal at any time by human and automated processes. The file server is best effort storage. This means that we will make the best effort we can to preserve files saved here but it is at your own risk. With the proliferation of cheap and massive usb drives, the safest place is on a thumb drive that you keep with you.

Thanks

Freddy

1 Like

That’s fair. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Were you logged in as Kevin?

For the first two issues, yes.

1 Like

I know the print driver is pretty finnicky, so someone may have set a size and had it stick. I didn’t see a good way to reset it. However, if you’re using Illustrator, you can use a custom “media size” to limit the driver.

For the material settings, I’ve loaded a number of them back in manually and left a link to Epilog’s pdf on the desktop.

@Team_Laser - there is an upgrade available for the epilog software. However, it requires a full reinstall and I didn’t want to do that without your permission. It might reset some of these issues and the materials library for us.