Laser etching metal

Hi folks,
I need to laser edge gold/brass-color plate - I understand some sort of coated / anodized metal is engrave-able. Any suggestions for where I can find such metal?
Preference is black/brown engraving on gold/brass color metal.
Small piece: 2x3/4 inches

I found this online: https://customengravingplates.com/laser-engravable-plates-gold-over-silver-aluminum/
Can this be engraved on our machines?

Thanks.

Alper

Regarding the plates you found. I would guess, since it is specifically advertised as “Laser Engravable” and specifically shows CO2 lasers, with a depth of .001" the answer is Yes. Makerspace lasers are 100 watt so plenty of power. However, I didn’t see what they are made of unless they are LITERALLY Brass and Aluminum as opposed to just the colors Brass and Aluminum. These seem to be what you need BUT you may need to play with settings so buy a few and experiment before you go all in. As far as anodized, I do not know a source but I have seen on other lasers that you can get a shallow etch even on just plain aluminum plate. Thank you for pointing these out. I don’t have a need right now but I may have to give these a try just to expand my knowledge base.

If they selling it for laser engraving, I’d hope that they’re upfront with the actual metal type. Although, the gold and black on the aluminum is probably either some sort of laserable paint or powder coating. I’m not sure that you could anodize 2 different color layers on.

Can only go by the information provided. I suspect the engravable material is not a metal but only way to really know is to try it. It can’t hurt the laser. Only issue is the bounce but the glass should protect from anything harmful. The weights used in the laser show etching from being hit by the laser so its not a new experience. Worse case is the plates don’t work as advertised.

Thank you all.
I ordered some; will see what they are made of and if they work.