Laser engraving on shotglasses

I want to engrave a few shotglasses and coffee mugs with some custom artwork and I don’t know what class do I need to learn how to do so. Any Advise?

I took the basic laser class a few months ago.

@talkers
He teaches the rotary class.

He also teaches the glass etching class, which is the combo of using a vinyl stencil and some enchant. Great stuff. If your recepticals are clear/translucent, I’d recommend this.

2 Likes

I suspect the vinyl and etchant route would work better for shot glasses. They are more conical than cylindrical, so getting a consistent distance from the laser head would be difficult for wide art pieces.

You might be able to prop up one end of the rotating jig to present a flat surface to the laser head.

Yep, although with the acid you couldn’t get the level of detail that you can with the laser so it really depends on how elaborate the design is.

@talkers may still be in Chilli, I’m sure he will get back with you when he is available,

1 Like

I have gotten good results just propping it up. It also makes life easier that you dont have to deal with acid paste and lots of manual labor carefully putting on the vinyl stickers and smearing said paste.

If the image is small and not needing to wrap more than 20%. I would try the epilog zing. It has good throw to adapt to the curvature of the glass.

I do not believe the rotary attachments for the Thunders are working properly at the moment.

1 Like