Laser Area Workday! Saturday 11/4

We’ll have a workday in the Laser Area this Saturday, November 4th, at 12pm noon. There’s lots to do with the new lasers arriving soon!

PLEASE NOTE, the Thunder and Zing will be unavailable while we work on the blowers.

Here’s what’s planned…

• Move the Lasersaur and its table to offsite storage

• Prep ventilation, air lines, electrical

• Install computers

• Troubleshoot relay on Thunder

Want to know more? Come help! Tagging the folks who have said they want to help on work days…

@Team_Laser, @heyheymama, @pinewoodnut, @lampy, @jswilson64, @nclindberg

Hope to see many of yall there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

What the heck? I hope your post is sarcasm

See you there…

1 Like

The control board should be removed for this. Since it’s a different shape than the original it’s not permanently mounted to the chassis anymore. I think there’s a template on the project site for a new mounting board if someone wants to cut it out and remount the control board.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well, crap, my Saturday is already spoken for.

1 Like

That’s ok. If you’re free on the 11th we’ll probably be doing stuff then too! :slight_smile: Expecting the lasers to arrive on about the 10th (that’s the best delivery estimate they’ll give me).

2 Likes

oooOOOooohhh! I’ll try to not volunteer for other stuff that day!

1 Like

ALSO! Anyone available with a truck?? I forgot there’s not one at DMS we can use anymore, and we need to get the saur to offsite.

If no one has a truck they are ready, willing, or able to volunteer, I’m happy to rent one from Lowes Depot. Flat bed…right?

2 Likes

Thank you Marshall!! Let’s have that as our back up plan.

I’ve got a family reunion that Saturday, but will be there in the afternoon Sunday and can stay until 8 or 9 PM!

1 Like

You might try bribing @Shawn_Christian as he has a liftgate.

We rearranged the left storage locker at last offsiting and there should be room to slide the laser in on its side.

2 Likes

I’ll be there. 12345

1 Like

What time do you expect to need to move it to storage. I should be able to drop by to help relocate it with my truck. Moving big and heavy stuff is what my liftgate is for. :slight_smile:

– Shawn Christian

5 Likes

No liftgate, but I have a truck and I’m sure we can sort it out.

2 Likes

I’m totally down to loan the truck back whenever I can. I’m going to be moving the last of the stuff Saturday morning with the truck. :frowning:
The lift gate hasn’t been working. I need to buy another battery and see if it’s a battery issue.
I think people will get a kick out of DMS loaner truck 2.0. It’s a total trip.

2 Likes

Thank you Shawn and David! A liftgate would help, but we can probably manage without it. So Shawn if you’re planning to be at the space Saturday… guessing around 1 or 2pm… We’ll take you up on it. Otherwise we’ll manage with David’s truck :slight_smile:

And Nicole you have enough going on, don’t worry about us! I appreciate the offer though. And if you need help on the truck we can get the guys on it!

1 Like

Reminder! Laser workday tomorrow starting at noon. Wear something you don’t mind getting dirty!

1 Like