Laser Area Improvements!

Anyone who walks away from the vacuum former while it is running gets vacuum formed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdd2OE5d3A

Don’t lase me, bro…

1 Like

Idea: the queuing system should ask how long each person expects to use the machine so that it can make a very rough guestimate as to when the next person can get in.

1 Like

Unfortunately the laser doesn’t reliably give estimates. I had what should have been a 30 min cut take a few hours because the laser and software gave me all sorts of issues throughout the night

Don’t forget the committee meeting is tomorrow night where we can discuss all these ideas!

I’ll make a separate reminder topic as well.

For giggles I asked how much a 1000 watt fiber laser from Baileigh…
:blankspace:

Are y’all sitting down?

$185,000. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

@merissa I’d like to propose putting the blower fans in the ceiling. They are terribly loud. Sitting next to them for extended periods of time is terrible. We can make using the lasers a more pleasant experience

2 Likes

I’m ROFL!
And that sucker is rated (well, a random one I looked up on the interwebomatitron) to cut up to 6mm (.23" 'mercun) mild steel. That seems steep, but I guess cutting steel with light ain’t easy…

This one was rated at .312… We could buy a water jet for 2/3 of that, I asked about that about 6-8 months ago 120,000 …

Not to interfere with this thread, if the fans are going above the ceiling, Then they really should be a Greenheck or Loren Cook.

1 Like